Athina Hotel Delphi

Delphi, Greece

Perfect, cosy, and quaint. Delpi is a great city, and this place was a good price (including a simple but yummy breakfast) and felt very homey. The balcony in our room looked into the valley below and was just beautiful. The women's restroom never had any soap and the faucet didn't have water, but there was a sink in the room I used instead. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Saga Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

I only stayed 2 nights on my 72 Hour Visa-Free Entry, but my experience was very nice. The staff was super helpful and friendly, especially the girl in the bar/restaurant. It made me feel really welcome. The food was also delicious, and don't forget your free beer! The 4 bed dorm was a bit small, but had a desk which was nice as a place to put/organize your stuff if you were on the top bunk. Locker wasn't big enough for the whole backpack, but big enough for all the valuables. I'd stay again!

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Nice place, TONS of room in the dorms and very clean. The staff were friendly and even made sure we had breakfast for our early start to the airport. At night, there is a manned security gate to keep you safe inside. Close to Backpacker's Street for fun at night, but quiet to sleep. The only thing that could have been better is that it didn't have much of an atmosphere to meet people besides in the dorm itself. Would absolutely stay again.

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staff at NgocThao and the guests there are what made this hostel special for me. They are really friendly and helpful and kind. From reading other reviews, I thought there wouldn't be many people to meet, but everyone hangs out downstairs.. GREAT for a single backpacker. The location is also pretty amazing. The hostel itself is nice, although feels a bit dated and the bathrooms could use a refresh. So-so computers. Super comfy beds. Free tea, coffee, water.

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I LOVE Aoi Garden. It has been my favorite hostel so far in over 7 months of travel. The staff is wonderful and Aoi goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone is happy. Comfy beds, yummy food, excellent recommendations on tours, and you just couldn't ask for better atmosphere to hang out in and meet new travelers. I made some friends there who I have continued to travel with over the past few weeks. One recommendation though, bring lots of bug spray (the lush garden attracts mosquitos)

Peacock Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Love this hostel. Staff is wonderful and it is so close to the pier (great when arriving as you don't have to pay for a cab or walk a long way). Nice chill area out back and close to town. The only bad thing is that its right over the sea and sometimes there is a really strong "bathroom" smell that comes in, but that's not the hostel's fault. Also, I got my towel stolen while there, again not the hostel's fault (but really, not cool.)

To arrive in Morocco is a bit intimidating with dirty alleyways and poorly lit streets, but I always felt surprisingly safe. And inside the hostel were always pleasant staff, interesting fellow travelers, a great terrace and a good time.

Sevilla Inn Backpackers

Seville, Spain

The hostel is nice enough, however when you book the 12 bed dorm, they put you in a room two blocks away from the actual hostel. It is only the room with the beds there (and a see-through glass door for anyone to look into and see your stuff or you sleeping) so everytime you need something or want to join what is going on, it is a bit annoying. Breakfast is meager, but tasty. The Spanish night (flamenco museum and show) is totally worth it.

Hostel Yellow

Krakow, Poland

The low score is based on the experience I had. The toilets were dirty. Also, when I got my laundry back one of my shirts was completely ruined, stained yellow (no other clothes were this color). They refused to even refund me the laundry fee, saying it was my fault for washing colors/whites together, but I have washed the same clothes together many times without problem. Poor customer service.