Backpackers Hostel Salta

Salta, Argentina

Backpackers Salta was recommended to me by a friend in Buenos Aires...the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the facilities and rooms are generally good/clean. The showers are hot but the breakfast is just bread and drinks...not the best. Cooked a good dinner for us all every night and the fellow people staying made the atmosphere much better. All round a good place but if you want a busier atmosphere maybe try Backpackers Suites Salta.

• 21st Jun 2014

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Had a great stay here, could easily have stayed longer. This is a party hostel. There are 5 floors and they're frequently full up! Always something to do in the evening and they can suggest/arrange day time activities for you too. Very clean and there are baths! Can definitely recommend. Only downsides being you have to get a taxi to clubs, and the breakfast/food is pretty average.

• 19th Jun 2014

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Iguassu Guesthouse is nice, but it was very quiet when I stayed and if the other people staying had been different Im not sure I wouldve liked it so much! If you want somewhere clean, with great facilities, to relax - this is the place. 20 blocks from the mall and short taxi from some good bars. Thank you to Carlos on the reception desk in the mornings! He was very helpful with planning what to do/my bus ticket to my next destination, and getting my laundry done on a Sunday!

• 14th Jun 2014

Backpackers Share House Floripa

Florianopolis, Brazil

Stayed for a few nights here and could have stayed longer! The staff are amazingly friendly and speak great English, always have suggestions for something to do or where to go next etc. Was here for the world cup kick off and the atmosphere was fantastic. Good facilities, great showers, all cleaned daily, great food too. Right across from the beach and near amenities, can definitely recommend! Good for chilling out but also partying in the evening if you get the bus in to town.

• 11th Jun 2014

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

The other guests make this hostel. It can be very quiet but if you want to chill out then it's a good option. The pool was still under construction when I stayed but I was told it would be ready in a few weeks time. The location is good, just across from the bus station and supermarket, only 15 or 20 minutes from the nearest beach. It's not a party hostel but we did have one great night out due to a local festival happening at the time. Far from other hostels which are mainly near the beach.

• 7th Jun 2014

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I LOVE BOOKS HOSTEL. I came for 2 days and stayed for over a week. This is one of the best if not the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels, the staff are amazing and make you feel like part of the family (Felipe and Drew I love you guys!), caprihinas are the best, happy hour every day, always something to do day or night, good location in Lapa for street parties and bars...but also perfect if you wanna go 20 mins to the beach and sleep all day. Wish I never had to leave! :-)

• 29th May 2014

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

I stayed in Lub D for 3 nights in August as part of a couple! The private rooms are really quite nice; quiet and comfortable, cleaned every day. The atmosphere was great - definitely a good place to meet other, friendly travellers! The location is excellent, it's only a few minutes from MBK by taxi and there are lots of shops and restaurants etc nearby. The staff are incredible! Really really funny and friendly. And on Wednesday they give out free shots!! :-)

• 18th Aug 2013

Kayun Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

I stayed for 2 nights in the female dorm, in high season. The hostel was full with lots of interest from people passing by who had just arrived in Kuta too. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. There's free wifi and computer use, a nice comfy communal area, good, clean bathrooms and hot showers. Also, free tea and coffee whenever you like, really good breakfast, facilities to hang your laundry, etc....I'm going back to stay again when I return to Kuta in a few days.

• 10th Aug 2013