Samba Palace

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This is a really cool hostel, rooms are big and airy and the bathrooms were all really clean. There is a bar/hang out area downstairs and the staff are really friendly. It is in a neighbourhood called larenjerias which is a bit far out from copacabana and the other main areas, no metro near by so you have to take the bus or taxi to get places which is a downside. The communal computers didnt work which was annoying.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very important for us to continually improving our service and making it even a better hostel :) Now we have 2 other new computers and hopefully 5 will be enough to make our guests happy!! Once more , thank you for staying with us and for your comments :) A Big hug from Samba Palace Team :D

Samba Green Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

My room was in the basement which was dark and dingy with hardly any space to put anything. Other rooms had 3 tiered bunk beds which looked awful! Theres a tiny kitchen and outdoor area both are quite small. About a 10 minnute walk from the metro in botafogo which is good. On the plus side, wifi was good as was the free breakfast. Probably wouldnt stay here again though, would be better to stay closer to copacabana where everything is happening.

Orange Drive Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

The location is perfect for hollywood literally a stones throw from the Main Street in Hollywood but you can't hear any noise at night so you can get a good nights sleep!Super clean and nice big airy rooms with comfy beds. Nice outside area and tv room. Free breakfast of pancake or waffles in the morning is appreciated and the staff are very friendly. Free, fast wifi. I would say it is slightly overpriced though.

The Attic Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Perfect location just off queens st. Great staff and really clean throughout, the kitchen is big and tidy and the outdoor terrace and tv rooms are really good for socialising. I would definitely stay here if I was in Auckland again. The only thing was that it gets really hot at night but you get the street noise if you open the windows. Also the wifi I thought was too expensive (20$) 3 days.

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness, staff and social atmosphere of our hostel! We are right in the centre of the city, so some level of city noise is inevitable I'm afraid. Wifi is at a premium in NZ and most hostels do charge for it, however we do give all guests a free 3 hour voucher on checkin which is a great bonus! Hope to see you next time you are in Auckland, Cheers-The Attic Team

Tropic Days Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

The best hostel ever! Staff are the friendliest, especially Kerry she's so nice and helped me book all my tours. Free really strong wifi that reaches the bedrooms too. Everything is always being cleaned and it's really cosy, stand alone beds and nice kitchen and living room area. Shuttle into town otherwise 20 min walk. Clean towels for you to take on the tours. Friendly sociable atmosphere. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to escape the party hostels.

Backpackers by the Bay

Airlie Beach, Australia

This is my favourite hostel in oz so far! Right opposite the bus station but they have a free shuttle anyway. 5 min stroll to the Main Street of airlie. Lovely garden and pool and nice rooms with air con. Really nice chilled atmosphere, nightly quiz is good to meet people. Staff are so friendly. Wifi is good but you have to pay but 4$ for 24 hrs. Also large breakfast available. Only thing was the any/fruit fly infestation that seemed to be in the kitchen.

Backpackers@SG

Singapore, Singapore

Great location right next to lavender station which is only couple stops from the centre of SG. Also near bugis which is a nice area to eat and drink. The hostel could have been cleaner but it didn't really bother me. Wifi was great and toast for breakfast. Showers weren't hot though. Someone had their iPad stolen in my dorm but they should have put it in the locker so their fault really. Wasn't much of an atmosphere but I was visiting friends anyway. Nice outdoor area and good info on SG.

Hi, we investigated your concern on shower, it happened because one of our repeat guest, an eco friendly pal, switched off the heater switch to save electricity. All showers in the hostel are hot showers, but need to turn on the switch if it is off. the guest found his iPad, he misplaced it....

Paradiso Bed&Breakfast

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This hostel is in the perfect location, after visiting Chiba town I'm glad I didn't choose a hostel there. Bukit Bintang is just a few monorail stops from KL central and right next to a food and bar street. Only about a 15 walk to the towers. Lots of shops and malls nearby. The staff were very helpful and wifi was great. Dorms could have been a bit cleaner but they were cool and quiet. Outdoor area good for socialising. I would definitely stay here again.

Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Although I cannot fault this hostel for cleanliness or location, I really cannot say it's good value for money, compared to other accommodation in the area it is way overpriced. 580 for a fan room which is sooo hot or 620 for aircon. The ensuite had no hot water and you had to rent towels etc. There are so many other cheap accommodation options at long beach which aren't on the internet, such as bungalows, privately owned rooms or even a treehouse dorm!

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff are friendly and everything is super clean! Fantastic location 5 mins walk to Khosan but without all the noise when you are trying to sleep! Would recommend this hostel to everyone but be quick booking it as it fills up fast

Kanravee Guesthouse

Pai, Thailand

The owners are really nice which makes up for little faults with the accommodation. Bathroom wasn't the cleanest but it had hot water! Wifi was great, not the typical dorm layout, single beds in rooms joining onto a central bedroom, was quiet when I was here so had a room to myself! Bit further out of the centre of pai but still only a 5 min walk! I'd recommend looking up how to get there if you get a bus as it's not easy to find.

Gongkaew Chiangmai Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The owners are soo friendly here. Not the cleanest of places but there was hot water and strong wifi. The dorm wasn't fully booked so I had a private room to myself, easy to meet people and a nice outside area to sit. It's further away from the Main Street of pai than most places but it's still only a 10 min walk.

Central Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

It's about a 10 min walk to the centre of Luang Prabang and without a good map it's quite easy to get lost! Breakfast is good and there's a big common area. Staff are good but English could be better, he does help you book transport and tuk tusk if you need it. The major downfall with this hostel is the wifi, it hardly ever worked and this was a problem for everyone. Overall a good stay but you could probably find a guesthouse closer to the centre.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

A great hostel, very clean, friendly staff and a nice breakfast. I was here for New Years and the atmosphere was great we all had the BBQ they do and then went for drinks at the other sihome hostel before all going out. Would stay here again but I didn't like Vientiane!!

Me Mates Villa

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I loved staying at this hostel, it's in a great location near the palace, although it's a bit hard to find as it's down an alley. They serve great western and Khmer food and there's a nice outside area for socialising. The staff are really friendly and can help you out with anything! Highly recommended

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great hostel in the backpacker area of HCMC. Very friendly staff, help you to book tours etc. breakfast is only two options and quite basic but apart from that it's a really good hostel!

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

This is the best hostel! The staff are sooo friendly and make friends with you. They help you with anything you want, for example they put me in touch with a really nice easy rider that they knew. Great breakfast and only a 5 min walk to the beach. If you are in nha trang you have to stay here!

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

A really good hostel, amazing breakfast and good outside bar/pool area for socialising. It's definitely a party hostel. Staff are really friendly and help you book tickets. Location is half way between the old quarter and the beach but you definitely need to hire a bike to get to these places.

Rooms are nice and clean, very small shower room. Breakfast is ok but there isn't a sociable area to meet with other backpackers. Staff are friendly enough and help to book you a tour. I did halong bay for 3 days which was amazing!