Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Star Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Perfect location (close to Kalemegdan and main shopping part), breakfast, wifi, comfy bed, lockers, etc, etc. All good stuff. The only hostel I stayed in where there wasn't something missing that I felt I needed. Most important part of hostels are the people, the atmosphere here is great, and Djordje is lovely, gave me suggestions of where to go in Belgrade and drove me to airport :)

• 13th Sep 2013

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Sweet family working here together. Brilliant common room and kitchen, makes it easy to get to know people. No lockers or lock on room, which is a shame. Would like to go back and do Karims tour as I heard good things about it. The bars outside are VERY loud, but it's not their fault, that's the compromise for the location ... best thing to do is join in ...

• 11th Sep 2013

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

Great location and fun place to stay, shame theres no common room. Good kitchen though. Shower was a bit chilly!! Marko and Coco were friendly and helpful, thanks guys!

• 9th Sep 2013

Red Dwarf Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Feels more like a family home than a hostel. Bit of a walk to get there, but it's nice to be away from the tourists and see outside of the main town. The view from the balcony over the harbour was beautiful. Nata the owner was great (and his mums sweet). He gave me specific directions on how to get everywhere, which buses to take, good bakeries and generally made sure I knew what I was doing before letting me go! There weren't any lockers and you don't get a key for the room, but it felt safe.

• 7th Sep 2013