Venture Hostel

Staff never smiled. At all. Ever. Is your job really that bad? And on our flier when we checked in it said "no downloading on wifi or you will be banned from using" but was perfectly fine for a male staff member to live stream an entire soccer match and make the paying guests internet lag for over an hour, pretty bad since 1) you totally contradicted your rules and 2) most guests in the hostel were using internet to find jobs, find houses, or do homework and 3) he could've watched it on the TV.

• 28th Oct 2013

thanks for booking with us, we never stop any guest downloading anything on the internet, and if that rules was ever used, we have removed that. but we hope you come back again

Paddy's Palace Belfast

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Hostel was good enough. Bit disappointed in one of the staff there though. Had forgotten my room key one day, got home quite late, raining, cold. Rang the doorbell once. She poked her head up from the reception, saw me, and popped back down. I waited. Rang again. Same thing. A GUEST actually opened to door for me. Ran into this staff member in the kitchen later and she said something along the lines like "sorry about not getting the door for you, I was busy chatting on Facebook". What????

• 5th Oct 2013

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Some staff I spoke to were lovely & helpful but the red head Aussie was friendly & stood out among everyone else. She could recommend things to do around the city. However other staff I asked for suggestions didn't have any bright ideas of things to do and consulted Google. Since y'all work in a central seemingly popular hostel and local Dubliners, it's quite sad that you still aren't capable of telling guests "oh do this or that". Hire Irish locals or get the staff to brush up on skills, sorry.

• 30th Sep 2013

The Hipstel

Barcelona, Spain

Enjoyed my stay there however each night I had to change rooms because it was as though more people than beds available were checked into the room I was in and my bed always got taken by a new guest. Quite frustrating having pack my things every night and explain to staff that someone else was in my bed then having to wait till I could be put into a new room. Even though it happened three nights in a row, I didn't get any compensation.

• 23rd Aug 2013