ALLGIRLZ (female only hostel)

Edinburgh, Scotland

It felt like staying over at someone's apartment rather than in a hostel- there was a great atmosphere with people hanging out in the kitchen. Kylie is also simply amazing.

Phoenix Hostel

I appreciated the free computer in the lobby and the atmosphere was good for meeting people; however, the toilets and showers were quite dirty and in need of repair. The people were nice, and the breakfast was cheap and convenient, but I would not choose this hostel again due to the bathroom facilities.

The only complaints I would have are that it was hard to meet new people in the lobby/lounge area- it wasn't very social, and that only 1 of the 4 lights in the bathroom worked.

Dear guest, Thank you for the review. The MEININGER staff likes to help you out wherever they can. Though if you have any issues like the one with the lights feel free to talk to us and we will take care of it. Have a nice travel.

Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The highlight of the hostel was the people. The staff are very friendly and the common area has a friendly atmosphere. The beds and bathrooms, however, were not as good. On one day, there was no hot water and the shower curtains were dirty. The beds are all very old and sagging. Those things aside, I still enjoyed my stay because of the people. However, the prices do not reflect the quality of the rooms.