Reviews: cmc23

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 22

Hostel Malti

St. Julians, Malta

We really liked Hostel Malti - definitely one of our favorite hostels in Europe. Aaron is the perfect host who did everything he could to make our stay more comfortable and interesting. The hostel itself has a very unique, eclectic feel, and the common areas are definitely great spaces for meeting other travelers. The room was comfortable, & each bed has an outlet. Full kitchen. Easy to get to from the airport. Only complaints: hot tub was not working and there was no wifi on the rooftop.

• 7th Dec 2013

Sol Hostel

Madrid, Spain

This was the worst hostels I've stayed in, and I paid 22 euros for two nights (which is probably about 20 euros overpriced)! We waited 20+ minutes to check in with several other groups while the receptionist walked about and went out for a smoke. The basement/common room smelled of mold. The beds were terrible. Neighborhood was dead at night, far out of the city. Our roommates wouldn't let us sleep between 3-6 am. One of the women working there was very kind to us, which was the only pleasantry.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We had a great weekend in Rome at the Alessandro. The location was great, 5 minutes from the train/metro/bus station, and from there it's easy to get anywhere in Rome. The guys at the front desk were incredibly helpful for planning our visit - they were knowledgable and friendly, and they seemed very happy to talk. The roof top patio was nice as well. We had some unfortunately rude roommates the first night but the second night was perfect. The bar in, in my opinion, is pretty expensive.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very cool hostel in a very cool (but hard to find) location. The rooftop deck was awesome - we met a lot of other cool travelers up there. We felt safe but the hostel wasn't "clean" in - the floor of our room was covered in dust/dirt. The beds were comfortable enough, and the room had a nice ceiling fan that kept us quite cool, as our room did not have a window. The only downside for us was the price - it is the most expensive place we stayed in Morocco. Receptionists were VERY helpful.

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

The building is absolutely beautiful, and the breakfast option is good and is actually a good deal. I met some wonderful individuals at this hostel that I will remember for the rest of my life! The beds are very comfortable, as are all the rooms. It's a bit of a walk from everything, but I think the walk is worth it! Safe neighborhood, but no place to lock up luggage or valuables. Only negative: I was not allowed to check in/drop bags until 7 pm, even though I arrived in Brussels at 8 am.

Colin, I wrote you on the 19th of August, 10 days before your arrival: "Good evening, Unfortunately, Check-in and/or luggage drop off is only possible after 9:30/10:00 AM." So what about not being able to check-in or drop your luggage until 7PM? Karel

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were not interested in the drug scene - so we chose this hostel (no drinking/drugs). The staff are very kind but know next to nothing about the neighborhood - don't know where to eat, where a laundry mat is - kind of ridiculous. Wifi doesn't work in rooms. (at least) 15 minute walk to everything. I don't recommend staying in the 18 per rooms - the "cleaners" stay there, who are middle aged people who get a free bed for a few hours of cleaning. There were some questionable men in my room.

Astor Hyde Park

Accommodations are good. Clean rooms, clean sheets – nice building. The neighborhood is very quiet at night, as is the hostel. Location is also pretty good. If you’re not super confident on the Underground, this location is nearly perfect to start learning – a straight shot from Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, which runs to most of the tourist spots. Culture of the neighborhood is… expensive. Two nice pubs nearby. Community is not a strength of this hostel - only met people in my room.