De Vieng Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Facilities were good - but could have been cleaned more often. Nice comfy beds and good use of space but the hostel had no atmosphere and no communal areas. An easy 15 minute walk to the night market area and easy place to hail a tuk tuk or cab if need be. Lockers don't lock properly (you can pull them open if you want to) so wouldn't recommend to anyone that's tight on security. An OK place to stay, no major complaints. But not the best place I've stayed.

• 1st Nov 2014

Goodtime Beach Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Great place located right on the beach, a short 10min walk from the main area (but still far enough away that it doesn't interrupt sleep). Staff were ok, main lady on reception was a bit of a colonel but otherwise lovely. No communal areas but that didn't stop me being people. I met awesome people and had a great time. Koh Tao is lovely!

• 26th Oct 2014

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Loved this hostel! One of the best I've stayed at. Great atmosphere, really cool places to hang out and chill, great food from the restaurant and I met some really cool people. Communal showers were a bit weird at first, but when in Rome! Had a blast. Thanks Kex!

• 7th Nov 2013

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

Good place to stay in NYC! Was pleasantly surprised by this place. More of a hotel than a hostel as it doesn't really have any common areas but had a great stay. And there are plenty of bars around the place if you want to meet people. Clean, friendly, great location, not too noisy (for New York anyway). Would stay here again!

• 29th Oct 2013

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in the US. Great location, easy to get to the city, fantastic atmosphere, friendly staff. Although we did had a broken door to our bathroom. But that's the only bad thing. Special shout out to staff member Anna who was just the best! Would definitely stay here again.

• 2nd Oct 2013

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

Loved my stay here. Good location good people. Cheers!

• 28th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

A large hostel in a great location. Only thing about the location is that it was quite loud at night, but ear plugs fixed that for me. Cleaners were around every day making sure everything was tidy, good breakfasts and lots of space to hang out in. Easy to get to and from. I came from the Amtrak train and didn't have any problems finding it. Would definitely stay here again.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the amazing review. We always try to alert people to the fact that we are right in the heart of Downtown San Diego, and it is not a quiet neighborhood, especially on the weekends. We do offer earplugs, and also, we recommend that people call us ahead of time and request a quiet room. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. -HI San Diego Dowtown

Orange Drive Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

Really enjoyed my stay here. Right in the heart of Hollywood! Met some great people and the place was really good overall. A very old house but well looked after and had good facilities and layout. Will definitely stay here again. Thanks team!

• 14th Aug 2013