Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Perfect hostel experience. The staff are incredibly helpful. The included breakfast is good. The other guests are friendly. The rooms are clean and secure with lockers included. I cannot fault them. Truly outstanding.

• 22nd Aug 2013

1'st Cheap Rooms Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Hostel is okay. Biggest problem was no aircon. I couldn't sleep because I was so uncomfortable. Also, it is stated you cannot bring alcohol into the room - Very strange policy for a hostel. I was travelling alone and hoping to meet people, but it isn't a great choice if that is your plan, there was no atmosphere for it. If you just want to sleep, as long as you're not going during very hot months, then it's fine.

• 20th Aug 2013

Perak Pero

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Lovely room and staff. Only two main problems. Firstly, you need to climb many stairs to get there. I did this alone with my 25kg of luggage and it was quite the struggle. Google maps led me in the wrong direction as well, so if you stay, be sure to get directions from the staff. Next is WiFi only works outside, not in the room or living area.

• 18th Aug 2013

CroParadise Green Hostel

Split, Croatia

Great hostel. Friendly staff and I met many nice people. Clean, safe and calm, whilst still being a nice place to meet people. Because I booked last minute, I stayed in 3 separate rooms due to availability, all of which were great.

• 15th Aug 2013