Location: Singapore, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

The rooms were literally quite Spartan so don't expect to sleep to a smorgasbord of color but all the basic amenities you need are there: towel, clean sheets and bed, power point by the bed, bed light. I was given a free upgrade to a 3 bed dorm which came with its own balcony and was really good. I stayed another 2 nights in a 4 bed dorm. The problem there was that even though the windows were closed, cigarette smoke still drifted in occasionally from the garden. Need to seal the windows better.

• 30th Oct 2013

Shanti Hostel 2

Skopje, Macedonia

This was literally the best hostel I stayed in during my East Europe trip from Prague to Skopje. I was on a late bus from Tirana to Skopje, arriving at 4am. Not only was the reception open for me at 4am, they allowed me the use of a free bunk once I checked in without extra charge. The bed was very clean, there was a power point for charging, there is a privacy curtain and there is free breakfast! The hostel owners were also friendly and nice. Definitely stay here in Skopje!

• 27th Oct 2013

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

This hostel was a great place to stay! The location is unbeatable, the bed was clean, the atmosphere with other guests was good. My only beef is that there was only one powerpoint for the entire room (which was mostly blocked by a bed frame and awkward to get to) which made charging devices a pain. If not for this problem (which can be so easily and cheaply resolved with a bit of work) this would be a 5 star review.

• 24th Oct 2013

Montenegro Hostel Budva

Budva, Montenegro

Perhaps it was the low season, but I was the only guest in my entire 8 bed room. Not the hostel's fault really but there was no common room so no chance to interact with guests from other dorms.The staff was not super friendly but not unfriendly either. Aside from that, room was clean, there were only a few power points for charging. Ok to stay for a few nights.

• 24th Oct 2013

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

Clean bed, ok rooms for a short stay, but sometimes the guests (and staff) could get a bit noisy at night without anyone telling them to tone down. Make no mistake, the staff were helpful and nice! Just a little too over exuberant sometimes. :)

• 19th Oct 2013

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Room was clean and staff were friendly and helpful. However, perhaps due to it being the low season, there was only like 3-4 guests other than myself at most. Wifi in the 4 room dorm did not work, I often had to go out of the room to get wifi reception. No power points by the bedside. Also, I was woken up very abruptly by painting and scraping works on my side of the building at 8am: unfortunately, staff did not warn me about this or offer to switch me to the other room.

• 15th Oct 2013

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Very cosy rooms, it's almost just like staying at someone's loft apartment. Friendly staff. Location is unbeatable. Basic facilities like wifi, toilets, laundry, kitchen all work fine.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

Great hostel for the money and I'll definitely check if there is a Wombat's in future cities I visit. I felt very secure and it was convenient to access the major tourist sites from the hostel. One small thing though is the lack of a shelf in the toilet to put my dry things while bathing. And there could be better sound proofing of the toilet as well.

• 5th Oct 2013