David's Guest House

Florence, Italy

• 20th Oct 2013

Hostel Beauty

Rome, Italy

The location is good. Among the staff Lily was super nice and helpful but two other guys not so much. I had a single room and it was very clean and very quiet. But the way these guys handle the "security" was very annoying. My room was on level 4, Kitchen on level 3 and reception on level 2. They don't give you the key to any of the floors and each time you want to go to any of the levels you should go to the reception in person and ask them to buzz the door to the floor for you!! don't get it!!

• 17th Oct 2013

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

No kitchen facility like a normal hostel. But very clean and professionally managed.

• 30th Sep 2013

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

by the sound of the how the hostel is advertised you might think that you're going to deal with a control freak! But tell you what, the owner is the coolest guy ever! He's super friendly, helping and so enthusiastic about what he does and just wants to make sure you're having a good stay. If I ever come back to Berlin I know where I'm staying. Totally recommended.

• 23rd Sep 2013

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

In general I don't have complaints. They have 24 hours reception which is pretty cool. They free breakfast and the kitchen facilities were great. The location is not that perfect. It's 15-20 mins walk to whatever I wanted to go to! From restaurants and supermarket to the old town and the clubs and stuff. Other than that great!

• 19th Sep 2013

The location is perfect no doubt about it. It's absolutely central and close to everything that the old town has to offer. but it's a young business and it does not feel like a hostel per say. It's cash only and there's no sign of the "hostel" anywhere. The kitchen has the minimum facilities possible. No water boiler(electric kettle), no bowls if you want to have cereals (which I did) . A bed and a shower is pretty much all you get. Don't expect more.

• 16th Sep 2013

Bowl Count: 5x big, 9x small. Kettle Count: 2x (a 1.5 liter kettle, and a 2 in 1 kettle/coffee maker. Didn't know we have to give a bowl/kettle tour. Ironically we had a 45 min conversation with this guest in our fully equipped kitchen and nothing was mentioned. Our other guesthouse has facilities that make Viking here look like the Presidential Palace, and we have never had a score of 2 for facilities. Please note there are no clowns or magic shows for atmosphere either.

Annex Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

The location is the winner! Can't imagine better in Copenhagen. And also for the price, breakfast was great! I still don't get why there's no tea/coffee making facilities in hotel rooms here in Europe.

• 4th Sep 2013