Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 24

This was my last stop in a trip of about 5 hostels in different cities of Europe. It was BY FAR my favorite one. I stayed in a mixed room of 4 and made great friendships with the other 3 guests there with me. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the place is clean and well kempt. The free breakfast in the morning is great (you get croissants and other breads, orange juice, cereal and milk, coffee, jams and butter). Not to mention you are 2 blocks away from Sacre Coeur! Great hostel!

Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very cramped and tight stairs. The bathroom is less than favorable and there aren't enough electric outlets in the rooms. Also, there are no lockers so you need to have locks in your baggage. The hostel is in a nice location, but it's about a 40 minute walk to the city center or a 20 tram ride. And renting a bike is not easy when you don't know your way around.

Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

The place is in the finishing stages of renovation so the facilities are brand new which is great. However the space is small so you feel a bit cramped and the AC was not on, so it was pretty hot in the room. Otherwise it was a pretty nice hostel! I didn't use the kitchen at all.

This was my first hostel experience ever, and it was excellent. The staff was easy to communicate with, the rooms were very clean, and the facilities are new and well maintained. Also made a couple new friends! I would definitely recommend this hostel to any young traveler!