Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Solscape Eco Retreat

Raglan, New Zealand

Love the unique housing (old railway cars, teepees, etc.) and the ecofriendly vibe! Would definitely stay there again.

Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo

Waitomo, New Zealand

Good location, and nice common room and kitchen area. For me the best part was the staff (Dave, maybe?). He offered some really helpful advice on booking caving tours that ended up saving me a lot of money. Didn't have a completely spic and span feel to it but I think that's mainly due to the fact that the building is a bit older. They do charge for wifi which always annoys me.

Howards Mountain Lodge

Tongariro National Park, New Zealand

My stay at Howards was fine, but it certainly doesn't make the list of top hostels at which I've stayed. The best thing is the location; it's quite close to the spot where you begin the Tongariro Crossing so getting there is easy. My dorm room was a little cramped and there are no lockers or locks on any of the doors though I imagine theft is not an issue. The bus ride to/from the Crossing is a bit pricey (NZD 30), and they charge for internet. A fine hostel at a mediocre price.

It has never been necessary to have locks on the dorm doors, you are right that theft has never been an issue. $30 for the bus to and from the crossing is probably the lowest price you can find and has no changed in 5 years despite fuel increases, it just costs money to run a bus I'm afraid. Yes we charge for the internet, no such thing as free internet, if it is offered for 'free' then the price is just been hidden in your room price. Charging separately is more fair and honest.

Saltwater Lodge

Paihia, New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay at Saltwater Lodge despite the terrible weather which obviously wasn't their fault. My dorm room was spacious and very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location is good.

Lo De Trivi

El Chalten, Argentina

I had a pleasant stay at Lo De Trivi: + great location + good value for money + big kitchen + nice eating/hangout area - staff was slightly ornery - my dorm room was TINY - very slow internet (this is true of everywhere in Chalten)

La Posta Hostel and Apart

Ushuaia, Argentina

Enjoyed my stay here. The French receptionist (I forget her name!) was very helpful and friendly. The dorm room I stayed in on the second floor was clean and spacious. It's about a 25 minute walk from the center of Ushuaia, so keep that in mind, but it's also much closer to the airport.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

This was the second time I've stayed at Jordan Tower Hotel. The first time I was in a dorm room and this time I had a private room with an ensuite bathroom. For those debating whether it's worth the upgrade to the private ensuite, it is. The room, and in particular the bathroom, was much cleaner. That said, the best thing about JTH is still the staff. They are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cleopetra Hostel

Petra, Jordan

Very nice and accommodating staff. Breakfast was pretty good. Accomodations themselves weren't anything super special but were clean and adequate.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

The best thing about Jordan Tower Hotel is the ease of booking excursions to places like Petra, the Dead Sea and Jerash. The staff is friendly, and it's easy for solo travelers to connect with others. I met lots of really nice people of all ages there. The facilities themselves leave something to be desired, and they don't scream new and clean. The bathrooms aren't great and the hotel is situated on a major commercial street which is very loud so bring ear plugs.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post your opinions regarding your stay. Actually - our facilities are fine, we have a nice rooftop terrace, a nice street cafe (indoor & outdoor seating) - nice common lounge and dining area, cozy smokers area, air conditioning, televisions in all rooms, the best food around in budget hotels and the best staff and service,, who will bend over backwards to please guests.. Yes we are on a main street but, the plus is being right in the centre near everything ..

Lounge Hostel Carnvale

Rijeka, Croatia

Carnvale is perhaps the nicest hostel I've stayed in. It was in a great location-- just two blocks from the bus station on a cute plaza surrounded by restaurants and shops. It was incredibly clean and had a nice atmosphere. The bathrooms were great (spotless, lots of hot water, great shower pressure, and a great guest to bathroom ratio), and the staff was really nice and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Travellers Home Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Sándor is absolutely lovely and so generous with his help and advice. He picked me up from and drove me to the train station free of charge. He also spent about an hour giving some really fantastic suggestions for things to do in Budapest which turned out to be our favorite activities. The apartment itself leaves something to be desired (decor, bathroom size, etc.), but our primary complaint was that there is zero sound proofing between the two rooms so you can hear everything.

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

Really enjoyed my time at Hostel One Home. The location is very convenient, especially from the train station. Nice, clean facilities. The staff was very friendly, and they make it easy for travelers to meet one another; they organize breakfast, dinner and bar crawls so there is always something to do and a way to socialize. Perhaps not so good if you are looking for a quieter, less party-oriented trip to Prague. My guess is that the average age of guests is in the low 20s.

Aventura Boutique Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Really enjoyed my stay at Aventura. The location is good, the staff is very friendly, an it's nice to be in a dorm room without bunk beds. Would definitely stay there again. And if you go, try out The Donut Library a few blocks away. Delish!

Riad Baraka

Chefchaouen, Morocco

This is a beautiful hostel. It's in a great location, is very clean and bright, and my room had a lot of Moroccan charm. My only critique is that the staff were less welcoming and willing to engage than the staff at other hostels. After giving me a tour, they hung out watching TV in a reception room with the door closed the whole time I was there. I felt like I was disturbing and Inconveniencing them by asking them any questions.

I am glad you liked the place if I remember correctly you came late in the day and left on the Casablanca bus at 6.15 in the morning I remember as I had to come and find you as you left your I phone best wishes joe

Dar Rabha

Fez, Morocco

Riad Layla Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

Really enjoyed my stay at Layla Rouge. The hostel is in a good location, is clean, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Rodamon Barcelona Centre

Barcelona, Spain

Really loved this hostel. Staff was incredibly helpful and welcoming, espeically Constanca, the facilities are clean and well organized, the location is good, and I loved hanging out on the terrace. Would definitely stay here again.