Fethiye Guesthouse, Fethiye, Turkey
8th Jul 2016

Our group had a lot of fun at this place, mainly because of the staff! We had a warm welcome and some of the guys took us for a night out in Fethiye which was great! The place was clean and tidy and very convenient for us as we were getting on to a Blue Cruise the next day (it was just across from the Marina and up the road from the cruise office). They had heaps of tours on offer. We loved staying here and wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks guys!

Melrose Hotel, Pamukkale, Turkey
4th Jul 2016

Great place to stay when visiting the 'Cotton Castle', not too far from it either! Rooms were huge and very clean and tidy. Staff were so friendly and accomodating, even helped us when one of our group got sick! Breakfast was good, they also took us to the pool at their other sister hotel (we also had lunch here which tasted great). Provided drop off to the travertines which was convenient. Not much atmosphere if you're looking to meet other travellers and party. Thanks for a great stay!

Sabah Pansiyon, Antalya, Turkey
3rd Jul 2016

We had a great stay here on our first night in Turkey, very conveniently located. Breakfast was great. There was not much of an atmosphere here if you're into meeting other travellers. Staff were very helpful in organising transfers and activities and getting the best deals for us. We also booked to stay here at the end of our trip. Rooms are simple with aircon and clean bathrooms. There was a pool but we didn't use it. Stored our luggage safely. Overall simple no-frills great place to stay.

Loft Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
12th Jan 2016

Great place to stay especially for the social aspect. Great breakfast, although I noticed it wasn't policed well, so some people didn't pay and just took from it. I made 2 bookings to stay as I had an overnight trip in-between, I was able to store my luggage safely. I still reckon the common room should be open 24/7, especially for people who need to wake up early for flights, or if you are a night-person and don't want to disturb those in your room. Its very inconvenient closing so early!

Loft Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
8th Jan 2016

I have never made so many friends or met so many young solo travellers anywhere else in my travels. Loft (mostly the bar) was so social, really made my stay in Iceland so amazing. The hostel itself was very comfortable, warm and clean. The breakfast is amazing (the croissants are to die for, especially the ones with coffee chocolate inside). The only thing I would suggest is making the upstairs common area accessible 24/7 - inconvenient if just want a place for downtime esp. if a night owl

Surf and Chill Hostel, Essaouira, Morocco
27th May 2015

I had a great stay at Surf & Chill! I've been to Essaouria a few times and I've been to some of the hostels there, and this was definitely the best. It was so clean and the beds were new & so comfortable - a rarity in this part of the world! Location was ideal in the heart of the medina. There were some friendly people when I was staying so it was a good atmosphere. I met both the owner & manager, and both were very nice & welcoming. Also the housekeeper is so sweet! Would definitely stay again!

Hostal Alcatraz, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
14th Jan 2015

Had a good stay here for a few nights, location was really good so close to the zocalo. There were not many people staying there because I think it was off season but i met some nice people at breakfast which was a great way to meet other guests. Only thing that would make it better is if there were lockers for bags - there were some lockers but they were small and in the kitchen downstairs which is a bit inconvenient. Other than that this place was clean and comfortable, would stay again :)

Al Son de los Santos, Guanajuato, Mexico
7.7
12th Jan 2015

It was very quite when i was there, i think because it was off season. I had an 8 bed dorm to myself for one of the nights! It was a really nice walk to the centre of town, bit of traffic noise especially early morning but nothing to fuss over. Staff were friendly enough, were helpful when I asked about things to do/see and where to go eat. Our dorm toilet was not cleaned as regularly though, but just had to ask and it was done. Overall a nice and pleasant stay :).

Riad Atlas Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
3rd Apr 2014

I've been to Marrakech a few times now and Riad Atlas has been one of the best riads i've stayed in! The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was so tasty, rooftop terrace was beautiful and a great place to relax, and it was really close to the main square but also tucked into the medina perfectly just enough so it was away from the hustle and bustle. And the guys running the place were really sweet and accommodating, i will miss them a lot! I would definitely stay here again!

15th Mar 2014

This was a great base for us in Interlaken, location was excellent. Very clean hostel and very well equipped. Wasn't very social, but that may have been one-off for when we stayed there (you never know :P). All in all great hostel, wouldn't hesitate booking again :).

Wombats City Hostel Munich, Munich, Germany
12th Mar 2014

Again, another great Wombat's establishment. Only thing i had a problem with was the location - got harassed more than once walking down that street. Main reason I stayed here was because i heard such great reviews about Ozzy, the guy doing the Munich walking tour exclusively for Wombats (however I believe he's branching off now - Go find him, best walking tour I ever did!). Anyways, still a good hostel to stay in when considering facilities, cleanliness etc.

9th Mar 2014

I think I've stayed at most of the Wombats hostels, and I've never had an issues with them. I love the consistency between each branch, the standards are all relatively the same, haven't had any issues with any of them.

St Christophers Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
6th Mar 2014

This was a great hostel (now known as Czech Inn - love the pun!), our stay here was extremely comfortable and staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, worth getting when you check in. Overall really great hostel!

Wombats City Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
7.4
3rd Mar 2014

Very clean and large rooms, which is what we have found with other Wombat's hostels we've stayed at. Hostel bar seemed quite lively and great place to meet people. Excellent views from our room as well as the terrace upstairs, was really nice to have balcony! There is the best bakery literally a few meters down the road (excellent for breakfast). Only thing we were very disappointed with was staff, they weren't very friendly and seemed disinterested and just generally unfriendly.

Flying Pig Downtown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8.0
28th Feb 2014

Great location, room was a bit small but facilities were decent. Good idea to have a smoking room, but it didn't seem like the atmosphere in the hostel/bar was that lively, may have just been around the time we went. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Overall a decent stay :)

Generator Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
4th Jan 2014

This is probably the largest hostel I have ever stayed at. Massive! But because it's new it's so clean, facilities are great and modern. Only thing is because it's so big we found it a bit unsocial and hard to meet other people. Staff were also a bit unwelcoming at first but that could have been because it was very busy around NYE (they warmed up eventually :p)

Riad La Caleche, Marrakech, Morocco
26th Dec 2013

Absolutely loved staying at Riad La Caleche! The place was beautiful, perfectly located, and the guys running it were super friendly and helpful :). And you MUST have dinner there at least one night while staying there, tasted amazing!!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
Yes! Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
16th Dec 2013

Love love loved Yes Lisbon! Such a great hostel, staff were extremely helpful and so friendly, was such a great atmosphere, very easy to meet other travelers, and the pub crawl was awesome. Location was also great. You MUST have at least one homecooked dinner there!! So delish. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
Gallery Hostel Porto, Porto, Portugal
12th Dec 2013

Great hostel! In an awesome location, clean and very spacious room + bathroom, nice kitchen and common room and very friendly staff. Made our stay in beautiful Porto very enjoyable!