Riad Atlas Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

I've been to Marrakech a few times now and Riad Atlas has been one of the best riads i've stayed in! The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was so tasty, rooftop terrace was beautiful and a great place to relax, and it was really close to the main square but also tucked into the medina perfectly just enough so it was away from the hustle and bustle. And the guys running the place were really sweet and accommodating, i will miss them a lot! I would definitely stay here again!

This was a great base for us in Interlaken, location was excellent. Very clean hostel and very well equipped. Wasn't very social, but that may have been one-off for when we stayed there (you never know :P). All in all great hostel, wouldn't hesitate booking again :).

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Again, another great Wombat's establishment. Only thing i had a problem with was the location - got harassed more than once walking down that street. Main reason I stayed here was because i heard such great reviews about Ozzy, the guy doing the Munich walking tour exclusively for Wombats (however I believe he's branching off now - Go find him, best walking tour I ever did!). Anyways, still a good hostel to stay in when considering facilities, cleanliness etc.

I think I've stayed at most of the Wombats hostels, and I've never had an issues with them. I love the consistency between each branch, the standards are all relatively the same, haven't had any issues with any of them.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

This was a great hostel (now known as Czech Inn - love the pun!), our stay here was extremely comfortable and staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, worth getting when you check in. Overall really great hostel!

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Very clean and large rooms, which is what we have found with other Wombat's hostels we've stayed at. Hostel bar seemed quite lively and great place to meet people. Excellent views from our room as well as the terrace upstairs, was really nice to have balcony! There is the best bakery literally a few meters down the road (excellent for breakfast). Only thing we were very disappointed with was staff, they weren't very friendly and seemed disinterested and just generally unfriendly.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, room was a bit small but facilities were decent. Good idea to have a smoking room, but it didn't seem like the atmosphere in the hostel/bar was that lively, may have just been around the time we went. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Overall a decent stay :)

Generator Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This is probably the largest hostel I have ever stayed at. Massive! But because it's new it's so clean, facilities are great and modern. Only thing is because it's so big we found it a bit unsocial and hard to meet other people. Staff were also a bit unwelcoming at first but that could have been because it was very busy around NYE (they warmed up eventually :p)

• 4th Jan 2014

Riad La Caleche

Marrakech, Morocco

Absolutely loved staying at Riad La Caleche! The place was beautiful, perfectly located, and the guys running it were super friendly and helpful :). And you MUST have dinner there at least one night while staying there, tasted amazing!!

• 26th Dec 2013

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Love love loved Yes Lisbon! Such a great hostel, staff were extremely helpful and so friendly, was such a great atmosphere, very easy to meet other travelers, and the pub crawl was awesome. Location was also great. You MUST have at least one homecooked dinner there!! So delish. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!

• 16th Dec 2013

Gallery Hostel Porto

Porto, Portugal

Great hostel! In an awesome location, clean and very spacious room + bathroom, nice kitchen and common room and very friendly staff. Made our stay in beautiful Porto very enjoyable!

• 12th Dec 2013