Reviews: cpetitclerc73

Location Canada, Gender Male, Age 42

11th Jun 2016

Everything you need and good location. Close to everything but lots of druggies in the neighbor hood. Beds could be built stronger. Kinda wobbly. All in all I had a good trip. Would stay again.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Victoria is known for being a safe city, even downtown at night. Ocean Island ensures every guest’s security with our locked front door and interior doors, and 24 hour front desk staffing. Also, our front desk staff can assist you with directions if you feel wary of any specific locations downtown. Remember this for next time you come to stay with us! Overall, we hope you enjoyed the city and look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

6.3
22nd Aug 2015

Over priced! Staff were ok but one was grumpy but do not help with booking tours, hot showers, bed moves when the other person in the bunk move (cheap bunks), nice kitchen, locals and kids are welcome and not just travellers, no AC. Camping was more fun and cheaper even after buying cheap but new stuff at Canadian Tire. Met a couple good travers are shared stories. This hostel Was ok but for the price breakfast should be included.

The Packer Lodge, Jakarta, Indonesia
18th Jun 2015

Could walk from here to the sights but was a little far. Located down an alley so finding it is hard the first time. Forgot my camera there and the great staff helped me to mailing back home. Great experience and would stay again.

Rumah Kayu Bali, Kuta, Indonesia
7.7
14th Jun 2015

Great location and would stay again.

Siamaze Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
16th Apr 2015

I like this hostel because it is modern, new, quiet and clean. I get a good rest here and close to the underground train MRT. Kinda far from the attractio but just a train ride away but tge train loses at 11:30pm so taxi if you head out to party all night. Free bag storage and great wifi. Also has an elevator, curtains, plug in bed,light and big lockers in room.

Asia BackPackers, Pattaya, Thailand
4.3
13th Feb 2015

It was what I expected but won't stay here again. On my last day I got sick and spent my last day in Pattaya and the next week in Bangkok fighting a cold I got while staying here. I am not sure the bathrooms or anywhere gets cleaned well. I also couldn't sleep in the 18 bed dorm and the guy below my bunk snored all night. I also never felt welcome and just give us your money. I stayed here because of the location. There are private rooms near here that range from 700-1000 baht a night.

Deejai Backpacker, Chiang Mai, Thailand
1st Jan 2015

Great hostel. The old English speaker at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The Thai ladies cooking could be a tad friendlier. I know hostels are hit and mis but I found the people staying there not that social. I wonder if the hostel has events to get people meeting and talking.

Discovery Youth Hostel, Chiang Mai, Thailand
4.3
27th Dec 2014

I have never paid money to sleep on the floor before. It was fine but I was expecting a mattress. Since it was 1am when I arrived I didn't argue but found other accommodations a couple days later for the same price. This was a great location and close to the north end of the old city.

Siamaze Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
11th Oct 2014

Brand new and one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. It was very clean and the beds had a private curtain, light, charger and locker. Nice big clean bathrooms with many stalls. I stayed here because I wanted a good rest after a long flight and I got just that. Location was far from central but close to the MRT transit so not a problem. They also had a bag locker and watched my stuff while I took a short trip to Phuket. Very nice and generous staff.

La Casa Roja, Santiago, Chile
8th Oct 2014

Need a printer that works for guests and also laundry arrangements. I couldn't get either done here.

no printer for the moment but we do have laundry service available every day until 2pm so you can get it done for same day, and also 2x1 once a week! always ask at reception for anything you need!

La Comunidad Iguassu Guest House, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
8.0
2nd Sep 2014

A great hostel at a reasonable price. Close to the falls and airport. Was a comfortable stay and used the kitchen and it even has a pool. Breakfast included as well. Basic Supermarket and convenience store near by. It is away from the city center but prices were more if I had stay there. I arrived at the bus station, took any bus that said TERMINAL to the main central bus terminal. Any bus from this location is free within that fenced area. From there took the #120 to the hostel. (About 20-25 m

El Misti Hostel Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.6
15th Jul 2014

Great location. Very crowded hostel. Triple bunks in rooms. Too small for amount of people. Sometimes wait for bathroom. Wifi only works if you sit beside router. I rented a private room on airbnb for same price. Noises at night till 1-2am

Dear guest We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Hostelworld. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

Hostel7 Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil
7.4
11th Jul 2014

Was a nice comfortable stay. One of the better hostels in Brasil. But the prices were jacked too high during the World Cup. I also was charge again after I had already paid up front months in advance. Prices changed after my booking 2 months in advance and that is Brazil. Welcome to Brazil. If they can get more out of you they will.

M Montreal, Montreal, Canada
5th Jun 2014

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed at in the world and I have stayed at over 100 so far and a world traveler. Very clean, modern. It has different buildings (Log Cabins) and everything was very new and tip top. Fireplace and very cozy. Located was little ways from town so you need to walk or get a ride. Lots of spots to park with plug ins. Awesome view of the mountains. N]Being from Calgary I will definitely stay here again.

HI-Banff Alpine Centre, Banff, Canada
21st Dec 2013

5.7
27th Sep 2013

Never stayed there cause my local friend said it was a bad neighbourhood. Stayed in Miaflores.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
25th Sep 2013

Great Location and lots of activities, great shower, beds, clean kitchen, bar, and friendly staff. Can be noisy so bring ear plugs and eye shades. I usually do with all hostels anyway. 24 hour check in / out

Supertramp Hostel, Machu Picchu, Peru
6.6
24th Sep 2013

Was OK. Showers never did work properly. Only had scolding hot water one time and then no water another time. Only one knob turns on the water so you get what you get. Is a shared shower room / co ed. Beds and lockers were good. Wifi was slow which seemed to be that way everywhere in the town. Free breakfast was good with eggs and tea. The bar seemed popular but I did not have time to check it out since Machu Picchu was a very early start. 4am to walk there to arrive by 6am.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
18th Sep 2013

Everything is great. Showers had pressure and hot water, activities everyday and a bar / restaurant. Free breakfast. Baggage storage free. Laundry pickup. Awesome location central to sanfrancisco plaza. Can be noisey with the bar at night so bring ear plugs and eye shades when staying at hostels and you will have a better sleep. Will stay again. 24 hr check in / out.

16th Sep 2013

Everything is great. Showers had pressure and hot water, secure building, kitchen / bar is on the top floor so noise wasn't an issue. Awesome location in the central district of Miraflores. Pingpong and fooseball. Internet is in Spanish so you need to know how to switch the browser toEnglish. Movies for TV room are signed out at bar.Will stay again.

511 Lima Hostel, Lima, Peru
6.9
14th Sep 2013

The beds are in a big room separated by partition walls. Many lockers can't be locked. To access the property you ring up and someone will come down and let you in. No sign out front indicating it is a hostel. Great location for parasaling and lovers park overlooking the ocean. Showers are OK. Need to turn on electric switch for hot water. Sorry but never used the kitchen and never saw it.

Yes, partition walls give relative privacy in a non-private space. Some lockers were broken by travelers but all have been fixed. No sign and great location indeed. Electric showers are efficient and so is the kitchen. Many thanks for the feedback.