What I felt to be a true backpacker's hostel- really unique with a great atmosphere and social vibe. Comfortable rooms and adequate bathroom (the shower head was weirdly situated pretty low down in the shower and was unmovable) Very good facilities, including a pool and a large well stocked kitchen. Friendly helpful staff. Located a little out of the way but close to the tram so it's not difficult to get around. I would definitely stay here again.

• 17th Sep 2013

Firehouse Hostel

Austin, USA

I only stayed at this hostel for 1 night so I didn't get to really experience it but it was a nice hostel with good dorm rooms and bathrooms. A nice atmosphere and friendly staff in a really good location.

• 15th Sep 2013

Hostel Guanajuato

Guanajuato, Mexico

In an excellent location, a nice hostel with a friendly and helpful owner. A nice dorm with comfortable beds and nice balconies. Okay bathroom facilities and a nice sitting area with a good selection of dvds. Good value for money- I would go back again.

• 10th Sep 2013

Puerta Vieja Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

A lovely hostel with a welcoming atmosphere in a good location. Really nice dorm rooms with big lockers with their own locks and really comfortable beds. Great bathroom facilities with amazing showers and a good kitchen. Really helpful and friendly staff, I had a great time and I would definitely go back- I highly recommend it.

• 3rd Sep 2013

The Yak

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

One of the best hostels I've ever been to, great location, good rooms- spacious with comfortable beds, own bathrooms and air-conditioning, well equipped kitchens and good wifi access (for free). Very helpful and friendly staff, activities are regularly organised (for free or at cost price). There is a really good sociable atmosphere, it's a lot of fun!

• 22nd Aug 2013