A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof

Nuremberg, Germany

This is basically a chain hostel without much more to offer. It's clean, comfortable and cheap (for the city). It doesn't have any atmosphere though, you have to pay go the bed linen (like in most of Germany) and the wi if is free at reception, but will cost you in your room. Overall good, but not if your a single traveller looking to meet people.

Hostel Orange

Prague, Czech Republic

It's a decent sized hostel along a busy street. There is no atmosphere what so ever as nominee talks I each other. There was also a problem with the 'high soeed' wi if meaning you had to use it in the soulless common room/kitchen. Overall it is clean and secure but it's not suitable I you want to meet people.

Hostel Print

Ljubljana, Slovenia

It's not a bad hostel but I didn't feel at home there. There was one memeber of staff who I felt was nice an helpful, but the other was rude and didn't seem to care. The place is at least half an hour outside of town but jot really in a nice district. The people who stayed there were welcoming but that has nothing to do with the hostel. It was fair cheap, that's probably the injunction going for it.

Zen Guesthouse

Budapest, Hungary

A small and really friendly hostel. The host makes you feel welcome from the start until you leave. Definitely recommended.

B Movie Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Only problem I had was that the first toilet I used was so small, in terms of bowl and leg room, it made me wonder if maybe the world had shrank or I had grown very large. The staff were very friendly and helpful though, advising me that they had many toilets, of varying sizes, and that in future I should mentally measure up the space to determine whether or not I'd be able to fit into it. Their advice led to an enjoyable, and comfortable, stay.

Klaipeda Hostel

Klaipeda, Lithuania

A small quiet hostel situated just next to the bus and train station. I visited in September so there wasn't many people staying there, but I still foun there to be no atmosphere in the hostel, despite it small size. It's wasn't unfriendly, just didn't have much going on. The staff were friendly and helpful though and the owner baked cakes fr the morning. Would stay there again.

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

This is the second time I've stayed here. It wasn't as good as the first as I stayed in the 6 bed dorm instead of the 4 bed. The 6 bed is right next to reception so can be quite noisy in the morning. Still a very nice hostel though, and definitely recommended.

Kohver

Tallinn, Estonia

Not a bad place to stay considering its the cheapest. The owner was friendly and talked to you if you needed to know anything but didn't go out of his way. It's a very relaxed hostel and generally attracts nice people. Facilities lacking as there was no printer to print out my bus ticket and the shop the owner sent me to was shut, even on a Saturday. Free breakfast, tea an coffee though so not at all bad.

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

Excellently situated just outside the centre of town, but down a quiet street. The place was clean and very comfortable. It isn't feel like it had much of an atmosphere but that meant you could spend the evenings doing what you wanted without fear of drunken stag dis etc. The staff were friendly if you asked a question but were very quiet other than that. Would and have stayed there again without question.

Home Made House

Vilnius, Lithuania

A small and really nice hostel. It feels like you're staying at someone's house (which you kind of are). The owner makes you feel welcome and gives you ideas of things to do in Riga and in the surrounding area. The size also means you have to talk I the other guests so it brings a brilliant atmosphere. And the one shower was never a problem. Definitely recommended.

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

It's advertises itself as an art hostel but its not really. The hostel is quite loud. There was sick in the cubicle when I checked in and also one of the toilets was blocked. All of the male toilet cubicles had a very small amount of leg room which made me wonder wether I was supposed to sit facing the toilet. The staff were very friendly and helpful though, and told me just to sit on the toilet normally, as I would do at home.

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Had no problems here. The staff were friendly and talkative, especially the owner and his wife. It's about 15 mins on the ubahn into town. Only problems were that the wifi was only available in the cafe attached to the hostel and the rooms open out straight ini the street. There wasn't any problems but it could be quite loud. Probably better for someone who wanted a room to stay in and to go out clubbing at night, rather than reading and going to bed early.