• Canada, Female, 25-30
City Circus Athens, Athens, Greece
5th Jul 2016

Very clean and beautiful place! Washrooms are very clean. Remember to bring a lock for your locker in order to save 3 euros to not have to purchase a lock. It is a short walk away from metro, but in a dark alley nonetheless - area is safe but for lone travellers, it might make you antsy. Very close to many restaurants. Stayed in two hostels while I was in Athens - this one is better if you are kept more to yourself, not a very social hostel and very quiet.

Thank you for your elaborate review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right, we are not a party hostel, we prefer more intimate atmosphere, where guests can chat together over a glass of wine and share their stories. But if you want to get wild, than there are numerous bars and clubs in the area which we can recommend, or you can use our bar crawl to take you for a night ride. Thanks again for sharing your impressions and we hope to see you here again in the future. City Circus

Blissful Loft, Singapore, Singapore
2.9
17th Sep 2015

You have to go into an underpopulated street and up three flights of a sketchy and dirty stairway. It's dimly lit and had no ambiance, your belonging lockers are out in the public open. The staff weirdly took a photocopy of my passport. I didn't see my room until I paid, and when I wanted a refund, not for the night of, but the rest of my stay (same if I had no-showed) but the staff refused to refund me, even though it's common practice. I still left without my money because it was that bad.

Meander Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
12th Sep 2015

21st Sep 2013

Éthic Étape-CISL-Lyon, Lyon, France
26th Aug 2013

I thought it was a great hostel! The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating, except for one, whom consistently was rude and rolled her eyes at my bad french and lack of french comprehension. Everything was great except for twice when the cleaning lady forgot to lock my room.