Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Panorama Guest House

Udaipur, India

• 3rd Jan 2014

A fairly average place! First impressions, really roomy with a nice large communal and dining area. Apart from uShaka Marine World, there was nothing else around the area. We were given a room that was at the front of the building, the road noise was quite loud and it seemed to get louder at night. The room also smelt like cat urine, but when we checked the other rooms out, it was the same - I think they need to get someone in to clean the carpets. Would I stay here again, yep, it was fine!

• 11th Nov 2013

Brown Sugar Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

A nice place to stay in Jo'burg! There isn't much around, so you'll either end up chilling in the hostel or making your way to the EastGate Mall. We spent a number to days here either before or after tours and it was perfect. The WiFi could be better, as the signal only reached 5m from the router. The staff are really nice and always try and do their best to make you feel welcome.

• 21st Oct 2013

Dear Jason. Thanks for the feedback. The Wi-Fi was bad because we had to use a backup router after the lightning hit our router while I was away, The new router is much better and next year we should have the hotspot up and running again.

Transit Motel Airport

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

It's right near the airport and to be honest it's only perfect for that purpose! I really wouldn't bother to stay here for any other reason. The restaurant was dark and had a very very aged feel to it - the food wasn't great either. The room itself was fine. Once again, I would only book this place if I needed to be close to the airport.

• 20th Oct 2013

Not the best place in the world, but can't really expect much when you pay soo little. Our room had window panes missing and in the hot Zanzibar heat it didn't make any difference - neither did the pathetic small ceiling fan. We were on the top floor and the stairs were virtually vertical making it very difficult to climb with a packed out backpack. The location was pretty central, you can walk to the ferry port within 10mins.

• 19th Oct 2013