Bangkok, Thailand

Big, clean hostel. Has a couple of common areas, free snacks and tea & coffee all day. Breakfast was simple but still good. Really friendly staff. The rooms are great. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm, and the bunks were nice and private and very clean.

Kounsavan Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Nice clean beds! Wifi didn't reach rooms and kept dropping out (but I think that's just a Laos thing). Breakfast was good and quick. I did notice the staff overbooking rooms, and a lot of other people's rooms/original bookings got mixed up and there were a few dramas, but my stay was pleasant! They also organised a bus to the waterfalls.

Vang Vieng Boutique Hotel

Vang Vieng, Laos

Beautiful, clean hotel with amazing breakfast! Wifi dropped out quite a bit, but that's expected all throughout Laos.

Little Hanoi Diamond

Hanoi, Vietnam

Although it has a hotel vibe (which isn't a negative), I stayed in a dorm, and it was easy to meet like-minded backpackers! The breakfast was awesome, and reception staff were extremely helpful, warm and friendly. There isn't really a communal area but we made the reception space our communal area which worked fine :)

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Was a great hostel with a good atmosphere, especially near the pool. Wifi didn't reach rooms. Breakfast was awesome. It is a bit of a walk to old town, but not too terrible.

The Hideout Hostel Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Hideout hostel was a bit of a disappointment. Overall, it was a fine place to stay but a few things didn't quite make the stay a pleasant one. Firstly, the showers were cold all day round. Secondly, our room's door wouldn't shut properly and was always open. Thirdly, our bathroom had no soap and regularly ran out of toilet paper. Fourthly, wifi kept dropping out for an hour or two. Maybe I had high expectations? But it definitely doesn't deserve the 90% rating it had when I booked.

The Pickled Frog

Hobart, Australia

Great atmosphere in the hostel. The free activities that they've got planned on certain days was also really helpful for budget backpackers (like the trip to Mt Wellington etc). The fireplaces in the common rooms were superb, and they even had mulled wine available some nights. A really great, warm and friendly hostel!

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

Hostel was great - rooms were spacious, showers were hot, free breakfast was great! I also had an important work-related thing that needed to be done while staying at the hostel and the staff were very friendly and provided me with the facilities to help me out. They have free guided tours and pub crawls, which is great when you're traveling alone.

It was a lovely hostel with a nice vibe. Probably more suited to relaxed travellers who are looking for a calmer environment.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Probably the best hostel experience I've had. The free breakfast was so great, the staff were amazing and so incredibly helpful, the place was clean and in a great location! The daily activities are so awesome especially when you're travelling alone - makes it really easy to meet other travellers.

Thanks for the great comments Celine. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently renovated and we're glad guests are enjoying it.

Worst customer service ever. The girl at reception was absolutely no help, was rude and seemed like she didn't want to be there. Otherwise, the room and facilities were great. Location was okay but a little out of the way/not on the main strip.