• Ireland, Male, 25-30
5.7
2nd Sep 2013

I was surprised to find out that this hostel was further out of Boston than expected. The only time I had contact with staff was at check in and when I was ordering something to eat (phone was free to use). The hostel was one long corridor. My room smelled of bleach and I didn't feel comfortable. The communal area had a bunch of people all on computers, iPads, iPhones and did not look sociable at all! Good aspect was the staff run shuttle from hostel to train station! Not the best/worst.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
Newport International Hostel, Newport RI, USA
31st Aug 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here and enjoyed the cosy atmosphere. I wanted a quiet hostel for a change and this certainly got delivered. The owner was passionate about her local area, friendly and happy to help with any questions. The hostel is operated well and feels like a home away from home. I should have stayed longer than 2 nights to explore Newport that little bit more if I had the extra time (Was in Newport for a wedding)!