Location USA, Gender Female, Age 41

Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
11th Oct 2013

This hostel was a breath of fresh air after the others I have been staying at throughout my holiday in Ireland. Their social areas are relaxing and rooms/bathrooms are tidy and clean. The staff was super nice throughout my week stay. The only complaint I have is there isn't wifi in the rooms. But the sitting areas are so comfortable that I didn't mind going downstairs for hours on end just to be on my computer.

Avalon House, Dublin, Ireland
7.1
8th Oct 2013

Although close to tourist spots, it is difficult to find. Finally a hostel with wifi in the rooms, a lift, mirrors, clean rooms and bathrooms! I don't expect much when traveling dorm style, but there are some things one does expect. If I were in Dublin again roughing it, I would stay here again. Their breakfast isn't much (toast and maybe cereal too) so be prepared to go out if that isn't sufficient. If you are wanting fruit (I'm vegan) , again, go out or go to the grocery and buy your own.

Kinlay House Cork, Cork, Ireland
4.6
4th Oct 2013

Staff was helpful (after some persuasion) when I needed to move into a single room to get away from another guest. I paid for the upgrade but my safety was more important than $. Highlight of this hostel is the internet room (no wifi in rooms). Otherwise, poor location, unsafe vibe of the place, spiders everywhere and dirty throughout. I refused to leave the hostel after dark and slept with the light on in my room. I left after 2 days for a lovely, comfortable B&B in city centre.

Paddy's Palace Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4.3
1st Oct 2013

The property seems to be managed by people who don't really care that much about their guests. I believe they must put more revenue into their tours rather than accommodations, because those are done rather well. The living areas were not clean and extreme bare bones from what I would expect; even from a hostel.