Ulisse Deluxe

Sorrento, Italy

We only used the Hostel as a room to stay and so did not use the bar/ breakfast facilities (although they looked very good!) The Hostel is not so much a hostel as a hotel (I'm guessing it has hostel style rooms but we stayed in a double private). Our room was more than spacious and better than most hotel rooms I've stayed in before. The staff were overly helpful and went out of their way to accommodate us and help us sort out tours. Location is probably the best you'll get in the city!

• 12th May 2014

The Philadelphia House

Philadelphia, USA

** Best hostel I've stayed at in a very long time ** I was travelling with a friend but the atmosphere is great for everyone - Whether travelling alone of in a group you will have a great time. ALL of the staff members bar none got involved with the activities and the nights out (even if they were off shift) and genuinely enjoyed their jobs (and their guests) ...the kitchen was big enough to cook an epic fried breakfast. This is a small hostel with great atmosphere. Sad I only had 1 night

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Great hostel - not as communal as some but good location and friendly staff. The room that we were in was quit packed and the kitchen was quite small but did not detract from the overall experience. Definitely good value for money.

Jazz on the Park-Hostel

New York, USA

We had a good stay at this hostel - It is quite a long way out from downtown but very near the tube & central park. I had money stolen from my locker - the padlock pin had been jammed open and I hadn't noticed. Although this was partly my fault and the staff were very sympathetic and helpful, it took me 3 e-mails before management got back to me re. the situation and told me that the lockers were fine... apparently. Overall though, our stay was pleasant and I would recommend it.

• 17th Oct 2013

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I only really used the hostel as a bed. The room was great, TV, nice bathroom, clean and the only downside was that it was a bit too warm at night. There were safe's available and had I needed one I'm sure I could have worked out how to use them. The hostel itself was very well located. I was actually with someone who was staying elsewhere so I can't really comment on the atmosphere of the hostel because I was rarely there. If you're looking for somewhere easy to stay I would recommend here.

• 15th Sep 2013