Location USA, Gender Female, Age 37

• USA, Female, 31-40
10th Sep 2013

Still very new, I think they could have waited a bit to open. Still smelled strongly of paint and other chemicals. The bathrooms were either filthy with construction mess or out of order entirely. I had the worst shower of my trip there with no water pressure. The beds are comfortable and private but ANY movement from your bunk mates makes you feel like it's earthquake season. The bar was fun, but almost too big to meet anyone.

• USA, Female, 31-40
Grand Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
30th Aug 2013

I don't think my trip to Berlin would have been as great as it was if I had stayed somewhere else. The small and cozy bar/lounge makes it very easy to meet other people. I met people from all over the world... all different ages... all different experiences. It was EXACTLY what I had been hoping for in a hostel experience. The only thing I can say I didn't like was the temperature of the rooms... but perhaps I could have begged my roommates to keep the windows open overnight.