7.7
19th Apr 2016

The hostel is great. My problem is with the door security who would not let me enter the bar to eat. I am 50, smart and was sober. I returned from work and was hungry. The doorman refused me entry and said 3 times "go in the hostel, pal. You are not coming in here". When I asked for his name he became threatening. I at no time swore or raised my voice. Fearing I was going to be beaten up or stabbed, I went elsewhere to eat. The bar was half empty. He was 5 10, clean shaven, blond. Beware!!!

15th Feb 2016

A great place for people of all ages.

25th Jan 2016

I love staying here, it is simply the best hostel I have ever stayed in. All good news.

18th Jan 2016

A great place for the business person and fun traveller to stay. Safe, cheap and brilliant building. This is the best hostel ever, especially for the price. NOT a party venue. Thank the lord. Quiet, big, lovely décor, huge leisure areas. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Loads of bus stops nearby, a tube station, shopping mall and plenty of eateries.

11th Jan 2016

Very clean and ideal for young people, as it is a party hostel. Awful for the mature traveller. Far too noisy.

Hello there, Thanks so much for the review! We know the noise from the pub can be a hassle, do not hesitate to ask a member of staff for free earplugs! Hope to see you again! Have an amazing day!

St Christopher's Camden, London, England
28th Oct 2013

Love this place. I use it often.

7.7
27th Oct 2013

It is worth the money, but the showers are poor. If that was fixed this would be a great option for all. Loads of great facilities, shame the showers let them down.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, I wish you had pointed out this problem with the shower while you were here or said what it was to our staff, maybe we could have resolved it while your were with us, thank you for your comments.

Smart Camden Inn Hostel, London, England
5.1
16th Sep 2013

It was clean, but that is it. This is a "low rent" hostel that is charging too much for it's facilities. The room I was in was too small for 6 people. You had to pay £1.50 a night for the lockers and there was no space to put anything down anywhere else. The mattresses were uncomfortable, the whole place is run down, there is only one toilet and shower per floor of 12+ people. Queuing is part of the stay. Half the clients are the homeless and ex-criminals. It was awful, I will never stay again.

Thank you for review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need. We welcome all the people no matter the nationality, age or looks. SCI Staff

St Christopher's Camden, London, England
9th Sep 2013

Stayed here before and would come again. Everything is very clean, comfortable and having the ensuite bathrooms is great. Excellent value for money. I moved from a previous hostel because it was so noisy outside, this place is lively out and about, but not loud so you can get sleep. Has a great chill out room with lots of facilities. Huge lockable cages under the beds are free and pay lockers are available, but no one needs them. Breakfast is a little basic, but that suits me. Top place

Pride of Paddington, London, England
27th Aug 2013

I wanted a place which was clean, secure and not too many people per room. Some places do like to pack them in at the expense of comfort and practicality. This place is very good for the money and I will be using them for a few weeks to come. There are loads of bathrooms and toilets, never any queues, which is also important. They even have a bath, which many don't. They are all very clean and constantly monitored. The beds are very good and not squeaky. No stupid triple bunks here!