Hostel Mamallena

Boquete, Panama

Loved my stay here! The staff were welcoming and friendly, the atmosphere was good and the hostel was very clean. Kitchen - spotless, scrubbed every day and well equipped. Pancakes for breakfast were very welcome! A comfortable lounge, plus 3 other areas to chill out, read, socialise or just 'be'. This hostel is centrally placed for everything in Boquete. I would stay there again, definitely!

• 11th Nov 2013

Kaya's Place

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

No kitchen. Bar expensive. No common lounge area. No hostel vibe. Unfriendly. This hostel is well past its sell-by date, needs a serious upgrade in terms of facilities and a whole new energy. My 'private en-suite luxury room" was appalling. An upstairs bunk - light switch by the door - I had to climb a vertical ladder in the dark to get into bed. A 'suicide shower" that produced a trickle of cold water. Dark room. Broken flush handle. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Arenal Hostel Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

I booked 2 nights, stayed 4 and felt homesick when I left. Jessie and his staff really go out of their way to make this a homely and fun place to stay. Clean, comfortable and friendly. Jessie's excursion suggestions were exactly right, and they were all good value for money. Kitchen facilities were excellent, but the menu was also good so I never felt like cooking! Hammocks, pool, bar (with games!) and friendship! I'll be back ... :) :)

Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel

Monteverde, Costa Rica

Ronnie and Yocelyn were great, they even met me off the bus when I arrived from San Jose! We all went to a Halloween party at the local pub, and I came home before the others so Ronnie even came up to check I got back safely. Loved staying there! Room was large and comfortable, bathroom was great and everything was really clean. I'll definitely stay there if I'm in Monteverde again. I did a couple of good trips which they arranged as well as my transport to La Fortuna.

• 29th Oct 2013

Hostel Shakti

San Jose, Costa Rica

Friendly staff and very obliging - brought me extra towels and a hairdryer. However, communal lounge and kitchen are open plan in the middle of the bedrooms, so it's very noisy with people watching movies until late at night and talking loudly. Good facilities, and nice restaurant downstairs - breakfast was included and delicious! Linen could be upgraded. Fine for a night or two in San Jose, but who'd want to stay there longer anyway?

• 28th Oct 2013

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful! It was fun to just hang out at the hostel, there's a great atmosphere with people mixing, chatting, playing pool, reading, just chilling by the bar etc. Menu was amazing - good quality food, great value! Though the rooms and bathrooms are slightly old, it's clean and they have free washing machines and soap powder, a real plus! It's slightly out of the centre, but an easy bus ride and they explain it very well.

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had lots of fun with us! Wada is the most popular hostel in Guilin and we attract all the fun and mingling crowd from around the world. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! =)