Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 20

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This was the third hostel I've stayed at in Dublin, and I found the kitchen to be pretty industrial. It also had a very odd atmosphere, with everyone just sitting around on their phones or laptops. Good location though, and the rooms and bathrooms were nice!

Thank you. The kitchen is great. Industrial means large and clean? I agree it is crazy to travel to new countries and sit in front of a screen all day. To combat the increasingly antisocial internet we have a Free walking tour leaving from the hostel every day and a glorious pub crawl every night. Get out there, mingle and call your first kid 'Four Courts'.

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Really nice hostel. Rooms were nice, though they were a little cramped (it would have been perfect as a 4 bed dorm, not a 6 bed). But the kitchen and common room area were incredible, and the location is really good! Would stay here again!

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

Hostel was great, the staff were some of the best I have ever encountered. My only issue with this hostel was the location. I don't generally like staying around termini (the main train station). I felt uncomfortable walking around there at night and it wasn't as easy a walking distance to all the main tourists sites. Despite this, it's a really nice little hostel!

Lake District Backpackers

Lake District, England

Thought this hostel was great! It's obviously odd that there are no staff, but the hostel is so small that you don't really need anyone there, and the manager was good at responding to my texts quickly (would be great if he had a number to text around the hostel, rather than having to call his number to be directed to his mobile number). Met some really great people, and it's easily the best located hostel in windermere!

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

This was a really wonderful hostel! The only downside is that there's no kitchen, but I think the amazing breakfast absolutely makes up for that! We had such a great stay here.

• 30th Dec 2013

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

This hostel had a great atmosphere. The bar/downstairs area was really great to hang out in and meet fellow travellers. The kitchen was also nice and well stocked. The main downside was the bathroom facilities. The cleanliness was not what I hoped, and the outside bathrooms were just odd!

• 28th Dec 2013

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

We only stayed for one night, but the hostel was fine. It was a great location, easy to get around, and had a nice kitchen and bar area to just sit around. I found the atmosphere a little odd, but I suppose that's easy to get from these larger hostels. The facilities were great.

• 27th Dec 2013

Jorplace Delft

Delft, Netherlands

Only hostel in Delft, but it is a good one! It's right above a bar, so I got absolutely no sleep on the second night I was there, but if I hadn't have that experience, I would have said it was such an amazing hostel! The kitchen was great, it's right in the middle of Delft, and the staff are really friendly.

• 19th Dec 2013

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

I only stayed here for a night, but it was fine for that. The beds are comfy although the room did feel a little crowded. The bathroom was tiny and it did wake people up when anyone used it, but it wasn't such an issue. I left early in the morning so I didn't get any breakfast, although they did give me a chocolate bar :)

A great little hostel. Everyone here is great and it has a really homey feel. The kitchen is very well stocked, although it can get a little crowded at times. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was fine, it was really easy to meet people and most of the hostel went out on our second night. The common room was very cosy and it's a nice place to sit and escape from Ireland's rain!

Killarney Sugan Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

Just go and stay here! It it like a hobbit hole, which just made me constantly happy! There are lots of mugs for tea and an incredible kitchen (perfect because eating out in Ireland can be a little expensive). Everyone who stays and works there is just lovely and the whole place is wonderful! The shower does tend to attack you but it's not really an issue!

This is a really lovely hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and gave some great tips. The rooms themselves are very open and nice (I liked the single beds as well). There's a big communal eating area with a little kitchen which is great for backpackers. All the girls that you meet there are also really friendly and just wonderful! I will definitely stay here again if I am back in Rome!

Resort Campogaio

Sorrento, Italy

Really excellent place to stay! It is a campsite with everything you could hope for, nice rooms, good showers, beautiful grounds, a pool, a farm, everything you could need is there. The free breakfast was much appreciated and the food at the restaurant is very decent (and well priced). If the restaurant is closed, there's a great little restaurant about 5 minutes away. It's not in Sorrento and the bus is very unpredictable, but we were happy to just relax and lounge around the campsite.

Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

This is a fantastic place to stay in Venice! I was initially hesitant about staying in a campsite, but it turned out to be really great! It doesn't take that long to get into Venice (about 20 mins) and the bus stop is literally right outside the door. We stayed in a little bungalow and it was fine. There was a little heater so we didn't get cold, plenty of space, the showers were better than you find in most hostels and the pizza on site was fab! Would definitely recommend

Hotel Monopole

Milan, Italy

I only really stayed here to be close to the train station. It does the trick, rooms are nice and I slept well. Nothing overly exciting about it but a decent place to stay for a night or two.

While this hostel does have a great location, it is ridiculously overpriced and everyone seemed to be paying a different amount for the room we were staying in. I was staying in a 13 bed dorm and the bathroom was awful. This was probably one of the worst hostels I have stayed at, yet the most expensive!