Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Hotel Internationaal

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is great. There's no reception, reception is a bar downstairs. The stairs to get to the rooms are ridiculously dangerous, especially if you're bringing a suitcase or has done some drinking. Room is good and comfortable. Price was very high for the kind of place, but I guess it was because of New Year.

• 28th Dec 2013

Saint James Backpackers

Hotel is very well located near the tube, my only complain was the room, that had one triple bed and was very, very small. The shower is also very small. Besides that, the hostel was really nice, the staff is very friendly and helpful and there's breakfast for free.

• 23rd Dec 2013

The Victorian House

Glasgow, Scotland

I absolutely loved this hotel! Excellent price, the room is very big and comfortable!

• 22nd Dec 2013

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very cool hostel with decorated rooms and mine had the most awesome view. My only complain is the ceiling was very low and my friends and I are all tall, so it was a bit uncomfortable. Wi-fi also didn't work in the room.

• 20th Dec 2013

STF/IYHF Skeppsholmen

Stockholm, Sweden

Nice hostel, it's in an island about 20 minutes walking from the center of the city, 10 minutes from Old Town. Rooms are tiny. Stayed in a twin private one, the view was AMAZING though.

• 8th Dec 2013

Sentrum Hostel

Oslo, Norway

I was very worried about this hostel because of the reviews I've read here. I was so nicely surprised that I loved my staying there. The price is great for Oslo, and the location is amazing. The people in the reception were super nice and helpful. Room was big and clean and the bed was so comfortable.There are people that live there, but they were all nice and friendly. Maybe it's weird if you are a woman travelling alone, but if you're going with a friend, don't worry, it's great.

• 5th Dec 2013