International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good points: sociable hostel, staff are nice, good location Bad points: really narrow, long flight of stairs, door bang loudly when closed, cleaner opened out door without knocking

• 24th Sep 2013

Hotel Le Terrage

Paris, France

Tired upon arrival, the guy at reception was on the phone for maybe 10 minutes while we waited patiently. After the call he proceeded to check us in and midway stopped to answer another call while we waited longer. I felt this was terrible customer service. Other bad points - the shower was broken. We had to manually hold the shower head to be able to shower. Ugly decor. Good points - our room was ready early.

• 23rd Sep 2013

Pensione Giamaica

Rome, Italy

Impossible to sleep. I spent 2 nights in Rome and slept around 2 hours in total. We did not enjoy Rome as a result. Voices from the reception echo loudly through the halls. People talking and echoes go on til late at night. Beds are very very loud/creaky! I literally wanted to cry from lack of sleep on the second night. Good points - staff are nice, location is good. Bad points - noise/impossible to sleep.

• 21st Sep 2013

Mediterranean Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Bathroom flooded causing bedroom floor to become wet and slippy. Dirty bedsheets with yellow stains. No response from hostel when I complained.

• 19th Sep 2013