Location USA,

• USA, Female, 18-24
Thousand Sunny, Rome, Italy
15th Nov 2013

This was the friendliest hostel I've ever stayed in. It felt more like a home than a hostel and is in an apartment building. The owner has the cutest dog too.

Brussels Hello Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
7.1
26th Oct 2013

The hostel breakfast was very good. The bathrooms and overall cleanliness were on par for the hostels I've been staying in, not great, but okay. They also have a bar attached, which got a little loud at night if you're staying overtop of it, but it wasn't so bad. I was in a room with 6 beds, but 2 were located in a loft above the rest, which offered my friend and I some nice privacy.

Sleep in Heaven, Copenhagen, Denmark
24th Oct 2013

It had a very homey feel, which went along with the friendliness of Copenhagen. Everyone was super friendly, and the facilities were clean. They have a good happy hour at the bar and decent breakfast in the morning, however for the price, I would suggest saving your money and going to a local bakery because the baked goods of Denmark are to-die-for.

The Hostel Box Port, Barcelona, Spain
6.6
21st Oct 2013

This is not really a youth hostel, tourist/backpacking type hostel. There were many people staying there that seemed to be resident Catalonians or there for a long-term stay. This is fine except for the rooms are 18 bed rooms for the most part, and some of the long-term residents have problems with people coming in late, being excessively loud, not speaking Spanish/Catalonian, etc. A problem when Barcelona's nightlife runs so late.

19th Oct 2013

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Each bed had it's own charging strip at the top with a light and USB outlets, no power converter needed. They also all had privacy curtains which was really fantastic. One early morning, I went to use the bathroom and someone had destroyed it overnight (having used it right before I went to bed around 2 am, it was clean the night before), grossest bathroom accident I have ever seen. It was perfectly clean again by the time I returned for lunch.

Wow this is great to see, we love to hear/see people singing our praises! To be named the best hostel too is something we love to hear. Thank you for your very kind comments and ratings. I'm happy to see that the mess was cleaned up quickly. St Christopher's Inn GDN

Hatters on Newton Street, Manchester, England
8.0
7th Sep 2013

Nice free breakfast and lounge area. My only compliant is I wish the wifi was free everywhere and not just in the lounge, but other than that it was a good experience.

Everton Hostel, Liverpool, England
5.7
5th Sep 2013

The staff were pretty rude on the phone when we called ahead to warn them we were a big group coming in, but booked individually online. However, once we arrived they were pretty average. The hostel is located decently far out of Liverpool's center, so it is a good 15-20 minute walk to get anywhere. The shower was broken so that the water overflowed into the bathroom anytime someone took a shower, this ended up starting to drip into the room underneath of us through the floorboards.