Hlemmur Square

Reykjavik, Iceland

This is a new hostel and its kind of obvious. I stayed during the airwaves festival for a week and noticed how progressively dirty it got just from being lived in, not necessarily from crazy hostel stayer. Comfortable beds and good showers. However lacks a real environment. And the doors slam! My biggest annoyance! Woke me up constantly. Good for sleeping and going.

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Really great stay in Antwerpen. Greg was very helpful with his guide to the city. The hostel is so cute aesthetically and we thought it was worth the money. They were also stocked with speculous. The only downside was at 11am on checkout you must be out, kinda sucks if your a backpacker and need time to linger before a train or whatever. But besides that really great!

SwordFish Hostel Peniche

Peniche, Portugal

My travel companion and I stayed here for the surf competition. We rented bikes from the hostel and biked around the town. The staff was very friendly and kind. Really great breakfast spread. If you are looking for a very social hostel environment this isn't the one for you. If you are looking for a break and peace and quiet from your normal hostel this is the one!

Amistat Beach Hostel