Port O'Call YHA

Port Douglas, Australia

The receptionist, Anna, was extremely nice, patient and helpful! She helped me make plans for the area, and was very professional.

Ducks and Drakes

New Plymouth, New Zealand

I had a bad experience with the manager. I wanted to cancel my last night, and inquired if I can do so well ahead of time. The receptionist told me it's too late to cancel. After checking again about the cancellation policy, I talked with the receptionist again at the evening. He said I have to speak with the manager, which was available only at 10pm. Although reluctant, eventually she did refund the money for this night. Her attitude was disrespectful, insulting and menacing.

Our office closes at 8pm - As the owner I personally close the office. It was at 10pm you asked to cancel the following nights accommodation - We did cancel it for you and gave you a full refund despite the cancellation giving less than one days notice. I am not sure what more we could have done for you? I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in New Zealand

Very nice and quiet place. When I was there it was almost empty. I liked the quiet and being able to relax. The staff is nice, although not very proficient in English. It is a 5 minute walk from the subway. The neighborhood is a bit dirty and not very pleasant at night (but not dangerous).

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

The dorm rooms are good and comfortable. The showers and toilets are a bit dirty and smelly. The staff is not too nice, but not unpleasant either. They do give basic advice and guidance, but will not go out of the way to help. The location is excellent, right in the center with lots of public transportation options.

The place is very pleasant with nice atmosphere. It is about 10-15 minutes from the city center, so the location could be better. They have decent food with reasonable prices. I think I had some bed bugs in my bed, because each morning I woke up with small red bites on my body. Other than that the dorm rooms are comfortable and have shower and toilets. The staff is very nice and helpful.