Due to the anti hostel law set in September, the party hostel atmosphere this hostel once had is non existent. All those people in the photos partying is just a memory now. Only 3 people to a room. They are not allowed to sell alcohol so the bar only has sodas and serves breakfast in the morning. The staff are nice but unorganized. Overbooking people. I had to sleep on a mattress (not a bed) my first night. also they tried to charge me full value even with my booking deposit on hostel world.

Thank you for your review. The new island rules are unfortunate but that's just the way it is. However, if you would have read the information sheet on Hostelworld you would have seen and noticed that LAVA across the road is our new social hang out bar for both hostel guests and other travelers on the island. Lava has been busy every night and it's a good pre-drinking spot before going out. Give it a try the next time. We all have to adapt to change :)

Kayun Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

The rooms have a funny smell, not from other backpackers, Its the water from the faucet (not clean) Almost stepped on a rat walking into my room. you can only access the wifi in the common area. The private room was ok but you can get a better room in a hotel for a cheaper price.

Shakara Garden

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice atmosphere, the hostel is tucked away, not much around the hostel as most of the bars restaurants are on the east side but only a short walk away.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The Staff is very enthusiastic in getting you into party mood with daily pub crawls. The bar area is a nice place to Chill out. Stef (receptionist) is very sweet and very helpful. She made my experience that much better with useful tips on where to eat and go around the city.

Old Prague Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

I have not yet experienced as good as breakfast and dinner as I did at Greg and Tom. Its REAL breakfast for the cost of a coffee. And dinner is free and a REAL meal. not some break and jam or sandwich. It would be nice if the back room in the restaurant was more catered to the guests as there is no place for others to congregate outside of the red couches in the hallway. The happy hour was a nice way to meet the other guests though.

Kinnaree Resort

Koh Samui, Thailand

This hostel Made my first trip to Paris so much fun. First off the location is great for first timers coming to Paris via the train. Gare Du Nord Station is literally 100 meters from the Hostel. The staff are so much fun. The hostel's objective goes beyond just providing you with a room. They have nightly hosted events at the main bar that promotes interaction between the people staying there. So if you are a little shy and traveling by yourself, no will be making new friends.

Thank you so much for your kind words, we're very grateful of how much you are singing our praises! Come back again. St Christopher's Inn GDN

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice and clean Hostel. More like a hotel in some sense. While the place is very clean, good breakfast and friendly staff, its downside is location. if you are going to Amsterdam to party its a good 20 minutes away from all the action. the good thing is the metro is steps away from the hostel. It does have a bar, but all the average age was around 17 years old at least while i was there. I think mostly because its safe area.

Dear T, Thank you for your lovely comment and stay in our hotel! Our hotel is located just 5 minutes from Central Station by train so we are not really sure which method of public transport you took that lasted 20 minutes. September is always our 'school - season' so we did have a lot of school groups with young people in our hotel. We would love to welcome you again in summer for example when we have more backpackers! Have a lovely day. Warm regards from Amsterdam