Oaklands Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

The place is actually a lot older than the pictures showed on the web site, luckily it is reasonably clean and neat, so it is still quite acceptable. The only complaint I have is the wall is paper thin, whenever someone talks in the hall way or rooms near you, it is so loud that it sounds like it is next to your ear. Oh and also the free internet is only for 200MB and only 1 device at a time. So for someone like me who has a phone, an ipad and laptop is a bit of a hassle to log on and off.

• 1st Dec 2013

Hi, I am glad that you found our place really clean as we strive to make sure our facilities are to a very high standard. The pictures are very recent and taken by the managers earlier this year. The 200mb of data, which is free on arrival, is brilliant. Some hostel don't give any free WiFi, so we are actually very generous. May people come into the hostel with many devices and are very happy with our WiFi setup with additional vouchers available at large discounted rates.

Apple Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room is far too small. There is hardly any space to even put the luggage. The shower has no curtain and water splashed everywhere all over the bathroom because the shower and toilet are all in one. It's clean enough though and the location is very good. I guess if you are looking for something cheap and just a bed (I mean it is just a bed ! ) then it's this is much better hostel then some of the ones that I have been.

• 19th Sep 2013