Reviews: SightseeingScooter

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

This hostel is really hard to get a reservation because it's so great for the price. The showers are warm and they provide soap. There is a nice breakfast every morning. The TV is great for watching the Warriors beat the Rockets. There is always someone playing ping pong. The deck outside is fun to lounge and pregame at. They play western music which is very rare in Colombia. It is right around the corner from an exito express. This place is the perfect hostel.

La Brisa Loca

Santa Marta, Colombia

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times. It is best on Saturday nights but still fun the other nights. The volunteers in the bar are great! I stored my bag here in between trips to Minca, Tayrona, and Palomino. I always managed to find my way back here on a Saturday for the rooftop parties. The movie room has over 300 movies. The pool is super relaxing if you just want to chill. The food is delicious. The California burrito for breakfast and the buffalo chicken sandwich for dinner!

Casa Bellavista Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

This hostel was cute. It is in a great neighborhood close to all of the tours in La Candelaria. I left my wallet on the couch overnight and the staff kept it safe for me and nothing was missing. They were also concerned with my safety when I came home at night asking if I am ok and if I need anything. They don't speak much English, although one man does speak pretty good English, but they are very sweet.

Hello Chengdu is a great hostel. The dorm beds have a curtain for privacy and lockers underneath the beds for your belongings. The food is really good and cheap. The beer is nice and cold! The travel desk is really helpful for questions regarding other cities and also for directions of getting around the area. The bicycle rental is 10yuan per day. There is a large supermarket within walking distance. The common room above the bar is cozy and relaxing. Wifi works in the dorm rooms. Evan is great!

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

This is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. They actually say it is a hotel, but I was in a dorm. The shower had a rain shower head. The beds were big and very comfy with a shelf and light in each individual bed area. The wifi worked pretty well but sometimes didn't work in the room. The staff are amazing! Especially Mickey and Michael. The bar area is filled with a lot of Chinese patrons. There is a supermarket across the alley, fruit stands and street food stands at the end of the alley.

Thanks for your recommend.We will try to our best .

The hostel has really cheap dorm rooms which is the biggest asset. Also, if you get a chance to meet Bob he is amazing. Filled with hospitality and warmth. I did not like the 5 bedroom dorm rooms because they are right above the bar/restaurant area and you can hear every word the people downstairs say. Also, the cigarette smoke wafts up into the room from the restaurant. The room itself was really nice and cozy. The bathrooms and showers are located downstairs. The wifi worked in the dorm.

Downtown Backpackers is in a really great neighborhood with lots of great food and character. I stayed in room 204 which didn't have internet, but the common room and internet room worked. The staff was helpful if you had questions about how to get places. The BEER is REALLY CHEAP! This wasn't a very social hostel, but that might have been because it was winter. The breakfast is good and included. There are train tickets from Pingyao to Xian, don't let them tell you otherwise.