Tattva Design Hostel

Porto, Portugal

I stayed there a full week. BEST hostel I've ever stayed at. The super friendly staff will show you around and take the time to remember your name. They felt like family. Incredibly clean, secure rooms. Love the privacy curtains around the beds. Great location. I also met the owners, who were interested in hearing guests' opinions. They were extremely kind and very enthusiastic about making the hostel even better, which is amazing because it's already perfect. I cannot recommend enough. Amazing!

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Overrated. Honestly, it was the worst hostel I've stayed at so far. The location is great, the staff is friendly, but the rooms and bathrooms were terrible. And the lockers under the beds make the loudest, most ANNOYING SCREECHING sound I've ever heard. Expect it to wake you up over a dozen times throughout the night if you forget earplugs. It's a hostel designed for people who want to smoke weed all day. For someone just visiting Amsterdam, there are much better hostels at a better price.

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in. Honestly, it feels more like a hotel than a hostel. The rooms were incredibly clean. Very nice bathroom and shower. And they have a great little bar right next to the lobby. Within walking distance to most everything you want to see in Brussels. Highly recommended.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

My least favorite of the three hostels I stayed at in Dublin. The free breakfast is nothing more than cornflakes and orange juice. The wifi was pretty bad, and the rooms weren't very clean. They offer lockers but you have to pay for them.