Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Staff were really friendly and helpful but I felt like there was little or no atmosphere, maybe it was because of the people there. Being charged one pound per hour for wireless is also a bit stupid.

• 26th Dec 2013

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

I went drinking with some people Xmas eve, we came back and all of my stuff had been emptied out of both bags, at first I thought nothing was stolen then I noticed a charger for a camera battery was missing. I was lucky girls in my room had passports and laptop and camera stolen. The hostel has swipe card access to dorms, and two swipe card doors before the dorm room and still someone got in to the dorms and the €10 deposit €2 a day secure storage room. Those prices are silly. Mixed bag

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

So sorry to hear of this incident , which must have been very upsetting .We do treat security seriously with as you say a tight system of secure doors and this is a very rare incident which we have spoken with you about separately . We do recommend that you use lockers and safes for valuables and the €10 deposit fora key is refundable.

Great hostel run by a brother and sister duo, they are excellent and very helpful. The included breakfast is great as well and to my surprise included vegimite. The rooms are a good size and not cramped and the atmosphere was good. TV room was a great place to chill out and meet people and they had a good collection of movies.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

The hostel was nice and big, the staff were friendly. However the card for the doors was a pain and the doors were loud which meant you often got woken up if not using earplugs. The curtains were a nice feature however the storage under the bed you lost a lot of room from the storage locker I have seen this done better. I didn't feel like there was much of an atmosphere but maybe that was just me.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi there and thank you for review, We are sorry that you didn't experience the best stay. It's true that being an old house some of the doors might be a bit noisy sometimes but our maintenance team is always looking out for this kind of things. Kind regards

Tattva Design Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Great hostel, excelent staff, and close to transport. The hostel has a good breakfast, excelente security on storage in the rooms, curtains on each bed and a very comfy bed. Staff are all very helpful and friendly and keen to give assistance.

• 11th Dec 2013

Lisbon Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Breakfast was one of the ebst I have had while travelling, it included crepes yum. The hostel is located in a train stration which is handy and the facilities are great. The movie room is great as is the common área. The rooms are large and the beds comfy. The staff are fiendly and helpful and I met some good people at the hostel all in all a good experience. The only downside and I mentioned it to staff was the length of time it took to check in oh and being asked to pay again after extending.

• 8th Dec 2013

Cathedral House Sevilla

Seville, Spain

I booked this hostel because are the time of my visit there was very little available (long weekend) so I was lucky to find somewhere to stay. The room I was in was a 4 bed dorm and it was tiny, there was barely any room between the beds and the other room I saw was smaller. There was only one bathroom accessible that I saw and it contained toilet and shower. The location is great right near the cathedral and shopping strips (for those that want it) and bars near by.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel with a top atmosphere I met lots of people and travelled with them after for a bit. The tours they offer are great and Granada is awesome

• 2nd Dec 2013

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Had a great time at this hostel. It's close to a metro and on a major road. The common room has a media centre which has lots of movies that are good to chill out too. The hostel map is ok unless you want to go to the southern part of Barcelona in which case it's not present. The showers are tiny very very tiny. Staff were very helpful and the nightly pub crawl was fun although I think the places you go are a tad overpriced. Met many good people here.

• 27th Nov 2013

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

I was barely at the hostel but there was almost no one there. Other than when I checked in I didn't see any staff. However when I also them visit email to book a taxi for me for early the next morning they did and left a note on my bed. I guess it was sort of nice having a 6 bed room to myself two nights in a row but not really something you want in a hostel

• 24th Nov 2013

Dreaming Rome Hostel

Rome, Italy

The hostel is small but nice, the brothers are fantastic, very enthusiastic and helpful. My first night the I asked for a suggestion for some where to have dinner they recommended 2 places and offered to drive me, instead their mother offered to cook me some pasta and it was great. I was greeted warmly and with a welcome drink as well as map and information about how to get to some main sites. One night we crammed 7 people into Fabio's Fiat and he dropped us at a restaurant for dinner.

• 21st Nov 2013

6 small rooms

Naples, Italy

Hostel was small and nice, there was some renovation going on at the time and as a result a little noise which want fun. The hostel offers a laundry service which is cheap but they line dry which isn't good in winter. Someone else had their stuff on the line and grabbed it and moment and threw it in the dryer. We had to separate the stuff and I seemed to be missing some socks which I didn't find. All in all I liked the hostel Ives's nice and small with friendly and helpful staff.

• 17th Nov 2013

DanyHouse

Florence, Italy

Jonathan was fantastic he was really friendly and provided advice when needed. He also supplied wine every night and was keen to party and chat. Vikki (sp?) was also great and provided good advice and directions. Because of the free wine each night it was very social and I met quite a few good people. A great cozy place to stay.

• 14th Nov 2013

Blind Eye Hostel & Guest House

Prague, Czech Republic

Location was good, inclined breakfast seemed quite good. The hostel has no bathroom on the ground floor where the common room is but that is only a minor nuisance. Staff were friendly and helpful. PlayStation had a range of games and movies as well as music. Beds were comfy.

• 8th Nov 2013

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

The hostel was good, the staff were great. The lockers in the room where a little small for my 40l backpack but that's not a huge issue for me. The common room and kitchen were good and well equipped. The Wi-Fi was a bit lame you need to purchase wifi time, it was £3 a day.. although I never Paid. I met some great people here and had a good time.

• 5th Nov 2013

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Hostel is nice but not enough power points in dorms or bathrooms and showers considering their capacity. Lack of kitchen also sucks but you can being your own food in. The location isn't the best either. Atmosphere was good and happy hour was short but enjoyable. Staff were very helpful.

• 30th Oct 2013

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Stockholm is an expensive city, this is possibly the most reasonably proceed hostel I looked at, although you do need to hire sheets if you don't have your own. Rooms are a reasonable size and beds are comfy, the room I stayed in had a reading lamp for each bed and lockers in the room. The kitchen had plenty of equipment and free food sections. I found the staff helpful but reception isn't manned 24/7 which was new I didn't really meet anyone here but that might be on me more than the hostel

• 27th Oct 2013

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

This was a very quiet place and seemed more like a hotel or b

• 23rd Oct 2013

The CubaHostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Some of the staff were not very helpful, we organised a free walking tour through them and they sent us to the wrong land mark to start the tour. When we mentioned this to the tour guide she said it happened a lot. They did provide some info on where things where which was helpful but messing the free tour up left a bad taste in our mouths as it wasted our limited time here.

• 20th Oct 2013

Old Town Alur Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

Only had one night here and wasn't impressed. The bathrooms were iffy, the Wi-Fi was worse but at least it was a cheap place to sleep. The beds were not very good and being such an old building it needed repairs. I may be unfairly comparing it to Tallinn backpackers where I had also stayed and it was much nicer with better atmosphere

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Dear Custumer, We are aware of the fact that the building needs reparing, that is also the reason why the last 2 months we've been working hard in renovating the hostel. Showers and toilets are clean these days. We are putting a lot of effort into making this place better. We look forward to hosting you again and showing you the new Old Town Alur Hostel

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

This is a party hostel, if you don't like to drink and have fun then I wouldn't recommend staying here. The staff encourage everyone to participate and socialize and they ban social media in the common room after 7:30. Every night and staff member cooks sober and you can have some for €3. The staff also lead drinking games and pin crawls. We had a beer pong tournament one night that was a lot of fun.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

This is a great hostel, in the old town close to the markets (markets are great) they run a lot of activities and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Beds are really comfy and the happy hour is great value for money.

• 13th Oct 2013

Do Re Mi Vilnius Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

A new hostel with a great big common area and kitchen, the staff are excellent and fun to hang out with the rooms are large as well. I stayed in a 4 bed room and it was bigger than some 6 bed rooms I have been in.

• 9th Oct 2013

Globetrotter Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

It was ok hostel but there was little atmosphere the facilities could be better as there was a spa but only 2 toilet's both of which were also showering location's. There are no laundry facilities on site. Wi-Fi worked well through the hostel and was of moderate speed. The provided computers are ancient. It's 30 mins from old town on foot which isn't as bad as it sounds because the old town isn't really an entertainment hub in Warsaw but it is for sight seeing.

• 5th Oct 2013

Hostel Giraffe

Krakow, Poland

Nice little hostel just outside of old town (5min walk) the staff are friendly and helpful. Beds are large and comfy but there is not many showers.

• 1st Oct 2013

A Wild Elephants Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

A great hostel experience, The guys who run the place are fun and engaging and while its a young hostel its already very enjoyable. I highly recommend a stay to anyone who is visiting Bratislava. The hostel is located in old town and is close to most of the sights you are likely to see. The staff are helpful and knowledgable about the area and much of the rest of Europe from their own travels. A great place to visit very laid back and fun.

• 28th Sep 2013

Central Backpack King

Budapest, Hungary

Great Hostel, fantastic location nice and central to what most visitors want to do, less than 10 mins from the metro and close to many bars/clubs and day time attractions. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities were good. I met many people in the common area and had many a good times with them. I am told by other guests i met elsewhere the nearby eateries are great as well.

• 25th Sep 2013

Guesthouse Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

Jufa is not a hostel. Its a hotel that has some dorm rooms. There is no hostel feeling here and the staff are often rude. They advertise having bike hire but when asked they said all the bikes are broke which isn't .

• 18th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Wi-Fi only in common area and frequently incredibly slow, underlying internet connection seems poor. No secure storage in rooms, but they have a check in and check out room. Kitchen was small and poorly equipped. Brekky was good. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm room (3 bunks) and meet lots of people in my short stay there but the room was cramped.

• 14th Sep 2013