7th Nov 2013

Excellent hostel! Not a party hostel, but if you wanted to do the pub crawl, the host was there every night to pick up anyone who wanted to join. If not, the cinema area would be cool enough to keep you going. Staff were really friendly, helping me tailor my stay in Budapest to my needs. Rooms were large, one I stayed in 4 dorm, had 4 separate beds rather than bunks. Free tea and coffee... only minor issue, is I had no wifi in the room so had to go to the common room.

Hostel Blues, Bratislava, Slovakia
3rd Nov 2013

Definitely the friendly staff I've come across! During the check-in, the girl behind the counter, spent about 20 minutes giving me a detailed guide on Bratislava, whilst marking things on my map...Which definitely kept me busy for 3 days in a relatively small city! Bunk beds were really comfortable, and everything was large. The bunk beds, rooms, lockers. Great atmosphere in the common room, which doubled up as a bar, with a foosball table. My favourite hostel so far!

30th Oct 2013

I stayed here, after staying at 'Wombats - The base' and immediately like this one better, for its close location to the station, and for the massive smile I got from the staff behind reception as I entered :)

29th Oct 2013

Out of the 3 wombats in Vienna, this would be the one I wouldn't recommend last. Location is a bit out of the way, and only one member of staff for the morning checkout rush, for a hostel with so many beds. Morning breakfast was a life-saver, you had to pay, but worth it for about 3.90. Weirdly, I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and there was only one power outlet. Don't forget to ask for a towel when you check in, no charge!

Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled, Bled, Slovenia
26th Oct 2013

Great hostel! I actually went to bled to booze detox, no chance. Great atmosphere in the common room, and brilliant staff, with great knowledge on how enjoy Bled.

Zeppelin Hostel, Ljubljana, Slovenia
24th Oct 2013

Loved my stay here! Everything about it was brilliant, from the ease of meeting travellers in the common room, to the friendly staff, who showed us the local night life, and also helped me with my onward travel to Vienna. Location is about a 10 minute walk to the three bridges, and 5 minutes from the main station. Free breakfast also helped.

Hostel Dino, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
5.4
21st Oct 2013

Pretty difficult to contact this hostel. I emailed them twice, still no reply to this day, 3 weeks later. Called the number advertised, got an out of service message.

Hostel Enjoy, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
18th Oct 2013

Really warm and welcoming hostel owner! I was the only one staying during my trip, and she made sure I didn't get lonely by taking for breakfast each morning, and kindly taking me to the tunnel of freedom, whilst giving me brilliant back story on the city.

CroParadise Green Hostel, Split, Croatia
10th Oct 2013

Perfect place to stay in Split, no issues.

Old Town Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
8th Oct 2013

From the moment I arrived, the hostess was very welcoming, which made me feel at home. She was also at hand for any tips and help I required for Žagreb and Croatia. Excellent central location for upper town, and the main square, good for coming back and filling water bottle during the day. Also for when you need to catch that early bus. Kawaii decor in the common room.

Paris Hotel & Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
7th Oct 2013

The bar in the basement was the highlight, very welcoming and friendly owner, and good chill out spot for hookah. The location was excellent, in the historic part of Turkey, really close to the Hagia Sophia, and walking distance to sultanahmet tram stop. My room had a bit of a weird location for the only plug socket - near the light switch, so I had to do a risky balancing act with my phone, on top of the charger.

Hotel D'Ostende, Nice, France