Wicked Hostels - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

I've stayed many times- my perks are high speed wifi better than any hotel I've stayed at, the location is prime if you are going to the stampede grounds- nice bakery a block away too. The hostel is reasonably clean, I found three different colours of hairs in and on my bed this time, kind of gross. The lobby reeked of cigarette smoke which is unpleasant, but it's most likely the staff smoking beside the door. But the bed is comfy so I just crashed in my room. :)

Samesun Venice Beach

Los Angeles, USA

The only place you can get wifi is in the hallway next to the ATM. Is it that hard to get a few routers and place them near the rooms?

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately we did have some of the wifi equipment out of order (which was sent in to get repaired) for a little bit. The part that was sent in did help distribute the signal throughout the hostel. I apologize for this inconvenience, and that the wifi in the common areas was insufficient. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Venice beaches and sunshine! Cheers, Sara

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

What a great hostel! One of the best I have stayed at. Breakfast was excellent, the rooms were really great. Loved the full sized lockers with outlets... genius! And the privacy screens on the beds were great too, but they block the fan and no air conditioning is hard to adjust to. The staff were really nice, and helpful. The hostel was super clean, I saw them moving furniture to clean behind it every single day, I don't even do that at my house! I would stay again any time!

Smart City Hostel by Safestay

Edinburgh, Scotland

Rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean... Lift was working, the only annoying part were student groups running through the halls and basically acting their age!

Paddy's Palace Belfast

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The door to my room would not lock, and the only staff member had disappeared so I was at a loss to change the room straight away. I waited for 30 minutes and no one showed up- finally I just went to a different hostel! I went back an hour later- no staff. I went back at 9pm and finally the desk was manned and I did get a full refund... But still super unprofessional.

Snoozles Hostel Galway

Galway, Ireland

Killarney Railway Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

This hostel was really cold, both in the room and in the main area. No wifi in rooms. Or heat. There are just picnic tables inside, no real comfortable area to use the wifi. But decently close to the bus station! The staff are helpful which was great.

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

Great location, so close to the bus station. I found the room to be quite loud in the hallways because many people come back late at night totally drunk and loud. Thin walks! Haha but overall not bad, clean and bathroom was clean.

The Metropole

Kilkenny, Ireland

DO NOT STAY HERE! The staff are nice but that's the only good thing here. My room was grimy, bathroom floor mushy with water damage, black mold, hair in the tub, dirty towels in the room! The bedspread had hair and what looked like blood stains on it. In the morning the place is DESERTED! Totally empty! No free breakfast, and I was locked in the building. If there was a problem... I can't imagine how to get help here, no front desk. I cannot believe I PAID to stay here!

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Isaacs was an ok hostel... But there is no lift and no wifi in the rooms... Very annoying. The area to get wifi is in a loud lobby with music. There is a quiet basement but it's always full and you have nowhere to sit. They always cleaned the bathrooms just at 8:30 am when everyone is using them and the smell of toxic cleanser in the shower is unpleasant. It costs 2 euro per day to use a locker, it would be nice if they were free. Most of the staff are nice except one is super rude.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do only provide wifi in the ground floor areas as we feel that guest typing during the night would be annoying to other guests - also we do want people to make new friends and talk to each other!

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

Great place to stay, close to two metro lines. Really funky inside, the staff are super nice and helpful. Free lockers! Free breakfast! The only thing I didn't like was that they do not have pillowcases on pillows, they drape the bottom sheet over it. Other than that I would stay again.

Thanks for your review!

Wicked Hostels - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

Right across from the stampede grounds, super convenient and free parking. I stayed in a private room, right across from the bathroom. So loud- I should have asked for a different room because I got no sleep! But good value for the money!