Location USA, Age 28

Oak Hostel Zen, Tokyo, Japan
26th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful even in the early morning. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others. The location is near a subway stop which makes it easy to get to see other parts of Tokyo. It was also very clean, which is something that I liked.

7.4
9th Apr 2014

This hostel was OK. The location was not far from the beach which was good. The facilities themselves were clean, and the staff were all friendly. But I didn't like the music constantly blasting; it made me not want to stay there again.

Bumbles Bridge Street Backpackers, Nelson, New Zealand
6.3
24th Mar 2014

It wasn't as nasty as I had originally thought it was going to be, but the hallway smelled like cigarettes, which was unpleasant. The carpet needs to be replaced, and overall, the whole place looked run down. I booked this hostel because it was close to the Intercity bus station and I had an early bus to catch, but I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

Nelson Beach Hostel, Nelson, New Zealand
9th Mar 2014

Very pleased with this hostel! I would stay here again and recommend it to others!

Backpackers International, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
7.7
27th Feb 2014

I liked that the hostel was very close to the beach and the atmosphere was great. Being a solo traveler, I found it very easy to socialize and make friends with other travelers here. The hostel itself could have been cleaner, but it's not the dirtiest place I've ever seen.

Thank you for your email. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

St Kilda Hostel, Melbourne, Australia
7.1
19th Feb 2014

The staff at this hostel were friendly and helpful. I liked how they enforced their policy of no loud noise after 11 p.m. It is close to shops and cafes on Acland St. and to the night markets and it's a quick tram ride into Melbourne. What I didn't like was that the kitchen didn't seem to have enough utensils and it seemed run down and it could have been cleaner.

Hi, thanks for reviewing! I'm glad you enjoyed what St Kilda/Melbourne has to offer! We now have replenished ALL kitchenware (mugs, glasses, pots and pans, cutlery and sharp knives. You're right about the kitchen being a bit old and run down. There are plans to give it longer life once winter comes in and its a bit quieter (thus less guests to disrupt from their cooking).

Base Sydney, Sydney, Australia
16th Feb 2014

I picked this hostel because of its location, and overall, I was very pleased. The facilities were clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. When obnoxious drunk people in the room next door woke us up, the staff member I spoke to downstairs immediately took care of the problem. If I come back to Sydney, I would stay here again.

Hi Alexandra, Thanks for your kind review. I am happy to hear that our staff took care of your problem!I think good customer services and competent staff is the most important part of a hostel and thats why I am pretty excited about this review :) Also great to hear that our cleaners do a good job. We have 24hrs cleaning on site and you understand probably that with 400+ beds its quite a challenge :) I hope you have a great trip! Cheers, Jeroen Guest Ser Manager Base Sydney

Rotorua Downtown Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
8th Feb 2014

I really liked the location of this hostel and the staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen was clean and well stocked, but the bathroom could have been cleaner and maintained better.

• USA, Female, 25-30
YHA National Park Backpackers & Climbing Wall, Tongariro National Park, New Zealand
8.0
28th Sep 2013

The staff were very friendly and they were always available to answer my questions about where to go and things to do in the area.