Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan
22nd Oct 2013

Khaosan Tokyo Lab was the most Hotel-like hostel experience I had during my trip to Japan. The premises are modern, clean, and clearly some thought has been put into the designs. Also, it was very nice having an attached bathroom to the room I stayed in. Only one slight negative- the street below seemed a bit popular and got noisy at night, which meant choosing between fresh air and noise, or quiet and no fresh air (depending on the A/C).

J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse, Hiroshima, Japan
19th Oct 2013

18th Oct 2013

Toyo has a very unique... flavor. The area around Toyo isn't the prettiest of Osaka, but you know why you picked Toyo- because it's very cheap. Along with the cheap price, you get your own single locked-door room. It is quite close to several subway station and even Tsutenkaku. Staff was very friendly, and they provide the usual purchasable/rentable items (towels, locks, etc). It provided just what I needed - a stopover as I traveled from one city to the next on my trip.

Bonsai Guest House, Osaka, Japan
15th Oct 2013

Bonsai is a nice quaint little Hostel. It definitely gives off a lower key vibe that some other hostels. The location is really great- it is quite literally right around the corner from the subway station. The rooms were a bit small and therefore the bunk areas were quite cramped. There is also a nice open lounge area with a large table and some chairs to sit at to plan your activities for the day.

12th Oct 2013

Pluses: Not terribly far from main Kyoto station decent sized room and the most space out of any hostel I stayed at in personal bunk area friendly staff near main Kyoto station Large lounge with heavy door (can hang out without disturbing other guests at any time, really) Minus Somewhat steep/narrow stairs (I had no problem, but felt it was worth mentioning)

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad to hear that you liked our bunk bed in the dorm. It is a hand made. And our living room is a great place for socializing, sometimes we throw a party, so we hope you will join us next time you visit. We apologize our stairs and try to help guests to bring their bags to higher floor. We are looking forward to meeting you again!

Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge, Tokyo, Japan
7th Oct 2013

The entire staff was very friendly, front desk, bartenders, everyone! The available breakfast food was very tasty and not terribly expensive. The washroom facilities were great. Everything was clean- I often saw staff bustling about with cleaning supplies! My only (slight) complaint, I am not used to the thin mattresses on wooden frames, and my bunk felt a bit cramped. Overall, still great!