Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Guesthouse Yakushima

Kagoshima Yakushima Island, Japan

This hostel was awesome. The landlords are really nice and helpful people. As there are no convenience store or grocery stores around, I had to put «poor» for location, but the landlord actually drove us to the grocery store because the last bus just passed. It is also possible to buy food there (ramen or frozen goods) which is useful. But no lockers in the dorms The hostel is really clean and the facilities awesome. Two showers and a bath. Lots of toilets. I really recommend this hostel.

• 16th Jul 2014

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

I went to this hostel in January and I liked it but Ididn't love it. This time, it was way better. The beds were more comfy and the bathroom cleaner. It would be better if we could rent towel and there was shampoo in the bathroom.

I stayed at this hostel twice. The first time, it was perfect. I was in the three bed female dorm on the second floor. This time I was in the mixed dorm of the fourth floor. The dorm was fine, but the wifi was not reaching (unlike the previous time). Also, the shower was either boiling or freezing. I did not manage to get anything else. If I did not remember my first stay there, my review would be way worse. However, the location and the atmosphere are awesome.

The hostel is really close to the Kagoshima-chuo station which makes it perfect to go visit places, but at the same time, we can hear the train a lot, especially in the morning. The female dormitory is clean and the beds comfortable, but it cannot be locked (there are lockers). There is only one shower which can be complicated in the morning or at night. The staff are reallly respectfull and the lightout at 11pm is really respected which is nice for people who want to sleep, but not for party.

It was really interesting to live in a stadium. The staff was nice, but they didn't speak English. The bath is a public bath, so foreigner can be a bit weird out by it, but there are also shower. Personally I loved the bath. The dorm are nice because there are curtain for each bed, but the beds are not the most comfortable. I live my time there, but it is not there best hostel.

Himeji 588 Guesthouse

Himeji, Japan

Kyoko is a really nice person who will do anything to help you. Ths hostel has the best atmosphere and is really cosy. The wifi is everywhere and there are plugs for everyone. However, this hostel has too many rules such has no eating in the room, no shower after 10am, nobody in the hostel between 10am and 4pm, light out at 12am. There is maybe a small lack of privacy in the dorm, but it is comfortable. Except for the thousand of rules, this hostel is one of the best I ever had.

Really nice hostel. Not too far for Taipei station, but a bit hard to find. Seven Eleven close to the hostel. Tom s really nice. The hostel is clean and the room are big. The only problem I had is with the top bed of the bunk bed in the dorm. The ladder was a bit dangerous to go down.

HEY Backpackers

Seoul, South Korea

The hostel was nice, but the owner was a bit annoying. He always entered the dorm, not knocking or aksing, there was not key for the dorm. He always looked annoyed for whatever reason and sometimes even looked like he was judging us. One night there was a party in the hostel until 2am and instead of aksing the people to be less noisy, the owner was the most noisy of all. If ou don't mind that, the hostel is pretty nice. It is well situated,10 minutes for the closest subay and restaurents.

Sakura Hostel Asakusa

Tokyo, Japan

With the curtains around each bed, there was enough privacy even in the dormitory.

Thank you for the nice review! We hope to be able to welcome you again soon!