The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

The cozyness is more like staying at a buddy's home rather than a hostel. They do not have a front desk, but you are welcomed warmly by their staff. The living room is a comfy common room filled with bean bag chairs and snowflake the cat. Marius contacted us days before to make sure we would not have trouble finding the place. I've noted the security is low. The front door is not locked, nor is your dorm room, but I believe the home-like feel would add to someone's feelings of security.

• 1st Oct 2013

Arr arr arr... First of all, you forgot to mention that all dorms are provided with lockers and free locks to use, same goes for computer, wifi, printing, bike (you heard me) towels and umbrellas.. just in case it gets rainy. more to say about security is that we are in one of the safest, more quietest neighborhoods in Bucharest, exactly on a closed small street, yet only 10-15min away from Old Town. This is safety and security ;)

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I really liked the homecooked traditional Hungarian meal. The gathering at the dinner table really gave us a family feel. The common room was very comfortable and a great place to meet people. The one shower that I used wasn't that great. It was warm, but the drainage was poor so I was standing in about 3 inches of water. There was hair everyone too.

• 28th Sep 2013