Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Green Forest Hostel

Yangshuo, China

The owner of the place was a great guy, and even invited us to sit down with him and his wife to have some food that his wife cooked (which was delicious!). I was disappointed though that they advertise that facebook is available there, when the are aware that it is not (we asked and were told that facebook just isn't available in China, yet they didn't take down their sign. The only other criticism I have for this place is that our room was FREEZING. Great place other than that though.

Thank you very much, i think you made the wrong review on our hostel, the owner and his wife not in here, and all the staffs here are young and single, the facebook still can use, we have vpn, there are air-conditioning in the room, anyway, thank you, hope you have a good time in china.

Casablanca Hotel Sapa

Sapa, Vietnam

Staff were great, but that's the best thing I can say about this hotel. Showers were the worst I've seen in Asia, as they would spontaneously change from unbearably hot to unbearably cold. The lovely view of the mountains that was shown in the pictures posted on hostelworld is now half blocked by a new building that is under construction. Worst of all was the water heater on he roof, which makes it sound like there is a plane taking off from the top of the building. Not a good place to sleep.

Stars Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

This hotel doesn't look like much when you walk in, but it is a really great place. The staff are the real stars of the show, as I don't think we ever encountered staff that were so nice ad helpful anywhere else on our three month trip. Rooms were clean and spacious, and the location ca't be beat, as it's right in the heart of the old quarter. I would definitely stay here again.

Hoa My Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Location seemed a bit far from the old part of Hoi An, but that didn't matter much since it's such a nice town to walk through. Our room was upstairs in what seemed like an attic, but it still wasn't bad for the price.

Bich Duyen Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We found that the location was perfect for seeing the city, as almost everything is within walking distance. Our room was small, but very clean and very nice. I'd stay here again.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel in a great location. Loved the bar upstairs, and the restaurant downstairs had the best western food we ate in Cambodia. I would recommend this place to anybody.

The Boardroom Beach Bungalows

Koh Samui, Thailand

This place is awesome. Chris and Apple were very nice and helpful, the location was great, and the rooms were perfect. This is a great spot to stay if you're looking to unwind. The location is close to many good western restaurants as well many good bars and Thai food restaurants. The beach is pretty quiet near the bungalows, which was great. I would definitely stay here again!

Great view from this place. Not a lot of other good things to say about it. Washrooms were pretty bad, and the constant crowing from the roosters throughout the night made sleeping pretty difficult.

We are glad you loved the view If you didn’t enjoy anything else we feel maybe not the right place for you Our place having three large relaxing areas, bar, restaurant, foosball table, XL trampoline, Circus lessons and fire shows isn’t what everyone wants from a place we understand. Yes the wild roosters make noise at night everywhere in this small village but this is because we are in the jungle and it cant be helped. We do hope you come back and give us another try

Green Tulip House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Overall a pretty good hostel, and it's less touristy location allows you to see more of the actual city rather than just the tourist bars. Can get a little noisy at night if you're on the first floor, and it makes you feel a bit guilty to come home after they've closed, since the woman that works there has to get out of bed to let you in. Not the best system, but it's not a deal breaker. Try the banana pancakes.

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Clean rooms, great staff, and a common room that makes it easy to hang out with other travelers. I highly recommend this place to anybody staying in Bangkok.