Positives: Extremely clean, full size storage cabinets, and air conditioning. Negatives: The website says that the hostel has parking - it doesn't. Street parking is always full (and dangerous). Paid lot located 2 blocks away costs nearly as much as the hostel itself. While only 10 minutes from Old Town, the neighborhood is pretty dodgy. If you don't require the use of a parking lot, I would suggest Split Hostel Fiesta Siesta or AirB&B.

Plitvice Backpackers

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Never stayed here. I had to cancel my booking.

Studio

Zadar, Croatia

The hostel worker - who only stops in occasionally - seemed to hate his job and wasn't overly friendly. The shower was also very dirty. When I arrived, the studio was nearly filled with a group of 17 and 18 year old girls from London. Positives: Air conditioning worked well and the hostel located 10min from the old town.

Nice facilities, great location, and the air conditioning actually works! (A big plus after traveling through Italy - a country where nothing seems to function but still costs money) Lack of 24hr checkin is a little annoying, but they offered to store my bags at a sister hostel and responded to my email within minutes. I would recommend to anyone traveling to Split.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

I moved to this hostel for the air conditioning - the thermostat was turned so high it wasn't of much use. Great facilities for the price. I would have enjoyed them if it wasn't for my needing to leave so early in the morning. Good for singles and groups.

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

There are some hostels where the experience and profit go hand-in-hand and there are some that are only about making a profit - this one is the latter. Positives: Close to train station and decent price. Negatives: Overpriced towel hire and drinks, clogged shower drain, creepy senior citizens in the dorm room, very little mingling among guests, get kicked out for cleaning time, and front desk clerk gives you a hassle and tries to keep key despot if the key is returned without receipt.

We honestly thing thats its all about the attitude you have when you enter a place, if a guest enters with a "that's weird /thats strange" to every of our explanation during checkin, and in general the same attitude towards everything (socializing, drinking and so on) then the hostel experience can never be good. Sometimes its about listening and trying to understand and maybe accept some simple house rules, that a big hostel needs to have to be able to work smooth as we actually do.

The Monk's Bunk

Tallinn, Estonia

Fun hostel in a great location with a friendly staff. The hostel is very clean and modern while still being priced very reasonably. Hands down the best Eastern European hostel I have visited. If you are looking for a party hostel stay here - otherwise search elsewhere.

Positives: Great location, good price, and helpful staff. Downside: Tiny bathrooms, small common area, and under bed cage rather than a locker. Overall a good hostel for Eastern Europe.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Warsaw Downtown Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Had to cancel my reservation. I'm reviewing because I can't figure out how to delete the review alert.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This was my third Wombats experience. Friendly and helpful staff, located next to metro station, and fun rooftop bar with fantastic happy hour prices. Not the poshest hostel in Berlin, but that is made up for by the atmosphere and price.

U Hostels

Smart Hostel Sibiu

Sibiu, Romania

The Old Town Hostel

Sibiu, Romania

The hostel is in a fantastic location, but it was nearly empty, dirty, only had one small bathroom, no common area, and the staff was not overly helpful. I canceled the reservation for my third night and reserved elsewhere the second night despite having already paid. Second worst hostel I've been to.

Doors Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

The Hat Madrid

Sungate Hostel

Hostel DownTown

Prague, Czech Republic

Wombats City Hostel London

Very friendly and helpful front desk. Nice lounge area. The only downside is that it's located a bit of a drab neighborhood.

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

Not the fanciest hostel in the world, but it is certainly one of the most social and a great value. I have stayed at hostels in 23 countries, and Hostel Quetzal is hands down the best. Things have changed since I first visited in 2008, but mostly for the better.

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

Suites DF Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

I slept on the hardest mattress I've ever experienced, the hot water didn't work, the shower drain was clogged, and it was the most unsocial hostel I've ever visited.

Dear, I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with us, I am checking what happened with this room while you were here. Also sorry you came in low season, we are working hard to build a new terrace - bar for our guests to have a better stay. Thank you for your comments, we will fix it asap. Fabiola

Chicago Getaway Hostel