The Monk's Bunk

Tallinn, Estonia

Fun hostel in a great location with a friendly staff. The hostel is very clean and modern while still being priced very reasonably. Hands down the best Eastern European hostel I have visited. If you are looking for a party hostel stay here - otherwise search elsewhere.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Warsaw Downtown Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Had to cancel my reservation. I'm reviewing because I can't figure out how to delete the review alert.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This was my third Wombats experience. Friendly and helpful staff, located next to metro station, and fun rooftop bar with fantastic happy hour prices. Not the poshest hostel in Berlin, but that is made up for by the atmosphere and price.

U Hostels

Smart Hostel Sibiu

Sibiu, Romania

The Old Town Hostel

Sibiu, Romania

The hostel is in a fantastic location, but it was nearly empty, dirty, only had one small bathroom, no common area, and the staff was not overly helpful. I canceled the reservation for my third night and reserved elsewhere the second night despite having already paid. Second worst hostel I've been to.

Doors Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

The Hat Madrid

Sungate Hostel

Hostel DownTown

Prague, Czech Republic

Wombats City Hostel London

Very friendly and helpful front desk. Nice lounge area. The only downside is that it's located a bit of a drab neighborhood.

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

Not the fanciest hostel in the world, but it is certainly one of the most social and a great value. I have stayed at hostels in 23 countries, and Hostel Quetzal is hands down the best. Things have changed since I first visited in 2008, but mostly for the better.

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

Suites DF Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

I slept on the hardest mattress I've ever experienced, the hot water didn't work, the shower drain was clogged, and it was the most unsocial hostel I've ever visited.

Dear, I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with us, I am checking what happened with this room while you were here. Also sorry you came in low season, we are working hard to build a new terrace - bar for our guests to have a better stay. Thank you for your comments, we will fix it asap. Fabiola

Chicago Getaway Hostel