The Nest Homestay

Fort Cochin, India

A nice place to stay. Clean and in a great location, its away from the roads so nice and quiet. Our room had a balcony with a nice, clean bathroom. Its much more of just a room that you rent as opposed to a homestay, but the people are very nice and friendly. Its surrounded by trees and greenery. Kushi Cafe and Fusion Bay Restaurant are close by and great places for food. Bring mosquito spray or a net, although the windows and door do all have screens, them mosquitoes are sneaky.

Hotel Lake Shore

Udaipur, India

What a view. We had the cheapest room i think and the view out onto the lake was so nice and peaceful. The upstairs restaurant was a nice place to relax and look out onto the lake. The laundry lost a pair of my pants and the owner would not stop until he found them, got my pants back :)

Desert Anna Safari

Jaisalmer, India

This place is very chill. The staff is awesome. Ask nicely in the kitchen and you might even get a free cooking lesson. We used them to set up our camel safari, which was good as well, just make sure not to let the camel men make all the decisions (have a voice). over all it was great.

A great hostel. Really chill relaxed atmosphere. Perfect roof top for doing yoga, looking out at the moon with the fort looming above. The guy that checks you in is quite cute, as is his nephew ( but in a very different way). Away from the streets so you don't get all the noise and the room was small, but really nice, clean with our own bathroom with, get this, toilet paper!

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

Good hotel. The roof top restaurant atmosphere is really delightful, and the food good too. A short 10 min walk to the train station which was nice. The staff was super helpful, my friend showed up a day early and they had no problem giving us a mattress for the floor since it was a single bed and charging us a very reasonable rate for the extra occupant. Clean, and the double room was very spacious and provided towels.

Shri Krishna Jungle Resort

Khajuraho, India

If your looking for a nice, clean, quiet place a short distance from the centre of town and all the hassle from hawkers, this is the place to stay. its about a 10-15 min walk to find food if not at the hotel, but there is 5 rupee chai on the walk and the hotel itself is just lovely. The staff was very helpful in trying to help me find other tourists to do a safari at Panna National Park. If it wasn't for the crows that attack the windows early morning, i would've give it 100%

Shiva Guest House Varanasi

Varanasi, India

This place was very clean and the staff very friendly. The rooftop was a nice, peaceful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the streets and alleyways. The view was awesome and the restaurant nice. I would recommend this place but to be honest it was nearly impossible to find at first :)

The staff here was more then helpful. I only had a short visit and they made sure i was able to do everything that I wanted at a decent price (since when i was in egypt there was no other tourists) so i had to pay everything myself. The hostel was clean and relaxing and had a nice room. The driver they use for their tours is great as well!

Keylany Hotel

Aswan, Egypt

Basic, but everything you need when only staying for a night. Helped us set up a tour to Abu Simbel very quickly, which was nice since we only had a very short time there. Very close to the Nile and the Souq. Air con worked well in the room. The front desk guy was very helpful in making sure I got a bus to Luxor, since while I was there , the train and the tourist buses were not running due to lack of tourists.

Saba'a Hotel

Petra, Jordan

Great Hostel. Gail is so helpful and nice and the rest of the staff is very friendly as well. Just a short walk, or even a shorter cab ride to Petra, with a great view of the city from the rooftop. No complaints at all. A very reasonable breakfast and good internet. No internet in the rooms, which I enjoyed as a solo traveler because then it forces other people to interact with us solo travelers. They even phoned and reserved a spot for me on Jet Bus back to Amman. Highly recommend!