Reviews: syapalater7276

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

CG Hostel

Ayvalik, Turkey

Had a lovely stay at CG pension for two nights. The location is perfect- walking distance to city center/port and the Mytilene ferry terminal. Adorable, well decorated rooms, small and quiet building. The best part is certainly Cengiz, the owner, who was incredibly welcoming and friendly. When the dorm was under construction, he upgraded me to a private room at no charge, and when he saw that I was traveling alone, he invited me to a fish barbecue with his friends and other guests.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

I don't think I've ever used the word "comprehensive" to describe a hostel, but I'm going to do it here. This place has everything. After my stay here, I'm convinced every hostel should have a bar (with a great happy hour to boot). Great kitchen and nice breakfast. The people who stay here are diverse in age and background. Staff is very helpful, will organize tours for you but also give you advise on how to do things on your own. Great location right off the tram. highly recommended!

• 26th Jan 2014

Clean hostel with good bathroom and kitchen facilities. The beds are comfortable. Location is pretty central, near the beach, old jaffa, etc. It has a unique environment- very community oriented. They make group activities and you will get to know the staff very well (they're also extremely friendly and helpful!) I appreciated the community aspect, but if you are looking for a more anonymous hostel experience it's something to consider.

Neverland Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Neverland is a cool place to stay if you like the aesthetic of everything being graffitied or brightly painted and having political overtones! always attracts an interesting crowd. It's down a hill from Istiklal, so if you want spend a lot of time there and don't like walking it's not the best place to stay. However, it's still convenient and nice that it's not surrounded by a ton of noise. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend staying here if it's your cup of tea!

World House Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

I've stayed at WH three times in the past couple of months. This is definitely my first choice hostel in Istanbul. The location is ideal- right near istiklal, the main shopping and club street, a short walk to the Bosphorus/sites. The rooms are clean (and recently renovated! the dorm beds now all have their own private reading light and outlet) and bright. Always attracts interesting and friendly people, and the staff can't be beat. stay here!!!

What an amazing place to stay! The location is great, though not on the actual cliffside of Oia, it's away from the crazy bustle and it still has a great view of the other side of the island. The very reasonable room was like a little cottage and had every amenity one could need- I could have stayed there for weeks.

Idramon

Chania, Greece

Excellent stay at Idramon. There were four of us and we split a private room that had 2 bunk beds and one queen- very clean and comfortable. Great location right in Chania port, but out of the way of the hustle and bustle of all of the stores and restaurants. Owners were very helpful- they even drove us to get our car we parked far away because we couldn't figure out the confusing roads! At only 20 euros a night each for private accommodation, couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• 12th Oct 2013

Istanbul Pension

Ayvalik, Turkey

The Istanbul Pension is wonderful. The family that owns it was truly welcoming and helpful, not to mention they serve a fantastic turkish breakfast. It's a beautiful building within walking distance of the water, the rooms are clean and well decorated, and there's a garden in back where you can eat and read. I will definitely be returning.