Barbieri Sol Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Do not stay here! The staff were great, but they can't overcome a bad hostel. My travel companion and I were both very ill whenever we were in the building, and got better the longer we were away. It was like we couldn't breathe. Bathrooms connected to bedrooms without fans, there was peeling paint and mold in bedrooms and bathroom. Clouds of dust came out of the beds when you sat on them. Street door never locked, strange people sleeping in the common room because they allowed day only stays.

Pil Pil Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Basic hostel facilities. Locker too small for backpacks, but plenty big enough for valuables. Handicap accessible. No oven, and very limited refrigerator space for the number of people that can stay there. If cooking meals is important to you, plan to make microwave food.

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

No oven, but big fridge and cabinet space. Tip: make your lunches ahead of time, because in the morning you can't get into the kitchen. Also, we got wrong directions from one of the guys that almost caused us to miss a show, so make sure they know where your going if you need directions. Other than that the staff is super friendly and helpful. The metro is close for 2 different lines. I would avoid walking around by yourself at night if you're a girl since it is the red light district.

Hello and thank you for your comment. We're glad to hear our staff could help you and we're sorry if we gave you the wrong directions. Our location is something we pride ourselves in though! We wish you a happy new year and hopefully we'll see you again in the future.

I love taghostel! The weekend we spent there was absolutely wonderful. The staff is friendly, helpful, and like hanging out with friends. They helped me book my tour, which was the highlight of the trip. The rooms are clean (and adorably decorated!), and the common areas are a great place to relax. Especially their rooftop patio! It has an incredible view of the harbor. The location is great; only steps away from the historic district, 5 minutes from great bars, and 5 minutes away from beaches.