Mbizi Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

It was my birthday when I arrived and the guys picked up some cupcakes and candles which was nice being so far from home. The outdoor bar and pool seems really fun at peak season. The place is very homey.

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

Nice free breakfast, good walking distance to everything, friendly staff, awesome rooftop patio/bar (if only it were summer)

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

The facilities were really nice, everything was clean, they have game nights and other events, but as a single traveler, I didn't find it a good atmosphere to meet other travelers. People were all in big groups.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us. We have space for lots of guests (and groups at times), but do try to keep it personal. Happy you enjoyed some of the events (every night there's something on!). and hope to see you next time! Thanks again, Alison Generator Copenhagen Team

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

This place was a lot of fun and I met a lot of cool people! The staff was especially awesome making sure you feel included and like they actually care to talk to you! Home made muffins in the morning! Would def recommend!

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Broadford Youth Hostel

Isle of Skye, Scotland

No free WiFi. Nice facilities. Not a good place at all for meeting people.

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The guys running this place are awesome and go out of their way to make you feel at home. Nice hot showers with glass doors! Best free breakfast I've seen.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I loved the atmosphere at Isaacs, felt like a coffee shop. I was in a room that seemed to trap smells with no windows you could open. I felt like the whole hostel smelled a bit. If you can handle that, it is a good atmosphere to meet a variety of people.

Great that you liked the atmosphere .The Hostel is in 19th century wine store so as a characterful older building and with that come some quirks , We will check out the issue with trapped smell in your Dorm to see if there is any issue there.