As there are very few options in Xingping this one is ok. The little things are eventually the ones that make the difference, my bathroom was clean which is very rare in China, but the fabric which covered the cupboard was filthy with blood stain, why? This was disgusting!!! As I had a bit of concussion with my booking, the girl at reception very defensive and maybe correct, but not a friendly welcome.They need to be more sensitive to travellets, and not impose the tough cold Chinese attitude

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Israel

Thanks for leaving us review. We apologize for not removing the fabric of coffee stain( on cloth corner of back side of the table) in time and causing u unconvenience. We informed u of the booking by email but you were unwilling to pay for the whole double room, claiming that you have only one person, and insisted about the nun-refundable deposit even you amended booking and changed your plan again the seceond day. we apologize again if we hurt your feeling by working abiding by the regulation.

Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

The staff at reception are the nicest girls!! Very helpful, good English, always smiling, I loved staying there. Rooms are very simple, but good value for money. Close to everything the city has to offer.

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Israel

Thank you for your review! We are really glad you enjoyed your stay here! =) Team Backstreet